Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Sil (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is it possible to add artefacts through the artefact .txt file (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8213)

Gothmog January 8, 2017 20:12

Is it possible to add artefacts through the artefact .txt file

I'm attemptihg to add a new sword but I keep getting parsing errors when I'm sure it is correct

Could someone put an example as to how to do it

T-Mick January 9, 2017 00:46

I know I've added a lot of regular items, and modified artifacts, but I don't remember adding artifacts.

Make sure you increase the number of artifacts the game expects to find when it reads that text file. That number is in one of those files somewhere. Artifact.txt? Maybe, I forget.

protopulse January 9, 2017 03:36

@T-Mick Do you know of a way to guarantee that your modified artefact drops? Say at 100 feet?

Derakon January 9, 2017 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by protopulse (Post 117244)
@T-Mick Do you know of a way to guarantee that your modified artefact drops? Say at 100 feet?

Nothing is guaranteed, but you can set the rarity to super-common and make sure the base item is also super-common. That helps.

If I recall correctly, artifacts cannot drop in the town, incidentally. But you could e.g. move Farmer Maggot to 50', then he'd have a chance of dropping an artifact (and a higher chance than normal enemies would, because he's unique). You could also give item drops to his dogs.

Nick January 9, 2017 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 117245)
If I recall correctly, artifacts cannot drop in the town, incidentally. But you could e.g. move Farmer Maggot to 50', then he'd have a chance of dropping an artifact (and a higher chance than normal enemies would, because he's unique). You could also give item drops to his dogs.

...once you had added Farmer Maggot, his dogs and a town to Sil ;)

protopulse January 9, 2017 04:50

I had to double check to see if I was on the right forum...Town? Farmer Maggot?

Pete Mack January 9, 2017 05:33

You need to add a value to the limits file too. Are you adding a new type like 'a Phial', or just another artifact with an existing object type. There's a big difference.

Derakon January 9, 2017 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 117246)
...once you had added Farmer Maggot, his dogs and a town to Sil ;)

...right, yes. A certain minor detail that inexplicably escaped my attention. Apologies all, carry on!

Gothmog January 9, 2017 12:54

It is either the limits or object file I edit to compensate for the new artefact but I'm not too sure what to add in each of those files

I do not get how the tval and sval functions and how I should chamge it

Gothmog January 9, 2017 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 117250)
You need to add a value to the limits file too. Are you adding a new type like 'a Phial', or just another artifact with an existing object type. There's a big difference.

I'm adding a sword, what I tried to do was copy and past the text for one sword and change the number and name of it (I thought that would suffice to make a new entity)

As a matter of interest what is the difference between a phial or another existing object type