Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FAangband 2.0.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10887)

Nick August 27, 2021 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuboideb (Post 154988)
I'm looking at every ocurrence of memset (I have the feeling that a large portion of the memory is wiped in some place). This line seems strange in ui-term.c (2626):

/* Assume no key */
memset(ch, 0, sizeof *ch);

It's valid ?

I think it's just zeroing the memory that's going to store a keypress, so it looks fine to me. Also it's been there for 10 years without causing a problem :)

Cuboideb August 27, 2021 00:32

I had some problems with Android 10 concerning storage. I don't know if it's related to this.

There is a long standing bug in the android port that arises once in a while. A monster race pointer becomes null and the game crashes.

"...Google reports a lot of errors in mon_take_hit, get_lore, player_kill_monster. All related in some way to an invalid mon->race pointer..."

As I said, perhaps a rogue memset is wiping a chunk of memory.

Cuboideb August 27, 2021 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 154991)
I think it's just zeroing the memory that's going to store a keypress, so it looks fine to me. Also it's been there for 10 years without causing a problem :)

Sorry, I didn't know that sizeof could be used without parenthesis.

swim August 27, 2021 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 154985)
I am still not able to reproduce this crash, including with provided savefiles. It's very annoying.

Maybe this will help...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbl...ew?usp=sharing

That's the full game directory including the save file.

Nick August 27, 2021 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim (Post 154994)
Maybe this will help...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbl...ew?usp=sharing

That's the full game directory including the save file.

Thank you. I can confirm that this crashes in Win 10, both in the directory you supplied and in a clean copy. Testing continues :mad:

swim August 27, 2021 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 154997)
Thank you. I can confirm that this crashes in Win 10, both in the directory you supplied and in a clean copy. Testing continues :mad:

Thank YOU! :)
I loved what I saw of the game so far.

Cuboideb August 27, 2021 15:19

Nick, which compiler do you use for windows ?

If I put a fresh copy of the executable made with mingw (32 bits), the savefile provided by swim doesn't crash.

backwardsEric August 27, 2021 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuboideb (Post 155010)
Nick, which compiler do you use for windows ?

If I put a fresh copy of the executable made with mingw (32 bits), the savefile provided by swim doesn't crash.

It's the mingw cross-compiler as picked up from the package, gcc-mingw-w64, in the ubuntu-18.04 runner on Gihub's Actions. configure was run with

Code:

env CFLAGS="-O2" ./configure --enable-release --enable-win --disable-curses --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-w64-mingw32
Because of Arralen's report of trouble with the Windows executable and Windows 8, have not been using the ubuntu-20.04 runner and its version of mingw.

Nick August 27, 2021 23:18

The latest builds should not have the crash on moving house, thanks to backwardsEric for finding and fixing the bug.

It seems that someone had put some essential code inside an assert(), and then optimised out asserts in release builds...

swim August 27, 2021 23:28

Excellent! :)
I'm going to give it a try right now!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.