Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.salmiak released (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10152)

GenjiHikari August 23, 2022 04:35

Hello. I'm having a problem with making macros for Wild-Talent work.
For example I mapped sequence "mab*5" on F1 key. After pushing that key it only opens main talents menu that can be activated by pressing "m" key and nothing more. Mapping sequence "ab*5" kinda works, but still requires two keystrokes instead one.

P.S. Thank you for such a great game I having a blast playing it. But summoners are suck :)

Sideways August 23, 2022 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiHikari (Post 159161)
Hello. I'm having a problem with making macros for Wild-Talent work.
For example I mapped sequence "mab*5" on F1 key. After pushing that key it only opens main talents menu that can be activated by pressing "m" key and nothing more. Mapping sequence "ab*5" kinda works, but still requires two keystrokes instead one.

P.S. Thank you for such a great game I having a blast playing it. But summoners are suck :)

Hi GenjiHikari, thanks for the feedback! That's a known bug with the official salmiak release. It can be solved by upgrading to the dev version from Github (but you'll need to compile it yourself, since the last .exe upload is salmiak).

If you lack the tools to compile you can also play the dev version on angband.live, you can't import your offline character there though.

Saru August 30, 2022 09:14

Thoughts after sorcerer win
 
Just a couple questions that came up with my most recent character -

1. Is Orb of Entropy's extra effect going to ever be relevant? Unless I am misreading the source, which is admittedly not unlikely, it seems the max HP reduction is rather insignificant. Is there ever (even a niche?) a way that it is useful, or is it simply undertuned / flavor really? Seems a shame, it is such a neat idea.

2. Craft's magic armor, what does the "magic resistance" part of it mean? Not reducing damage from any sort of monster spells, and saving throw as displayed on the character sheet was the same I believe. The line showing magic resistance from armor pieces didn't even show a temporary value up for it when the spell was cast either, is the description outdated or is something amiss?

Thanks once again for the great game and answering silly obscure questions such as these. :confused:

Sideways August 31, 2022 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saru (Post 159214)
Just a couple questions that came up with my most recent character -

1. Is Orb of Entropy's extra effect going to ever be relevant? Unless I am misreading the source, which is admittedly not unlikely, it seems the max HP reduction is rather insignificant. Is there ever (even a niche?) a way that it is useful, or is it simply undertuned / flavor really? Seems a shame, it is such a neat idea.

2. Craft's magic armor, what does the "magic resistance" part of it mean? Not reducing damage from any sort of monster spells, and saving throw as displayed on the character sheet was the same I believe. The line showing magic resistance from armor pieces didn't even show a temporary value up for it when the spell was cast either, is the description outdated or is something amiss?

Thanks once again for the great game and answering silly obscure questions such as these. :confused:

1. Orb of Entropy is basically a non-player-healing ball of Vampirism, so what goes for wands of vampirism (and other vampiric attacks) also mostly applies here: the max HP reduction is not useful very often (due to how small it is compared to the overall damage), but it is useful in niche situations; to slowly kill an opponent you have trouble finishing off in more conventional ways because it outheals any damage you deal.

(Would guess the reduction is more likely to be relevant with a wand of vampirism, though, just because having Orb of Entropy implicitly suggests you also have the other options in the Death realm.)

2. It gives you an extremely high saving throw. If you're not seeing any difference, I would guess you already had an extremely high saving throw, so there'd be no change :)

Bucephalus September 23, 2022 11:16

I think I've found a good workaround for the agony of leaving artifacts behind when your pack is full.

The item limit is number-based, not weight-based, on the ostensible justification that every additional discrete item you stick somewhere makes everything else harder to find. Anyone who's lived out of a backpack can attest to this. It's a real thing.

That said, when the level is cleared and it's just you and a pile of artifacts, who cares?

So what about this: If you pick something up beyond z (and your inventory starts scrolling, like your home), up-to-and-including the next 13 slots or so, using or removing an item from your pack takes triple energy.

This being a death sentence 99% of the time seems like an adequate deterrent, and on those rare occasions when the level is cleared and it's just you and a pile of artifacts, it would make a frustrating aspect of the game considerably less frustrating.

Bucephalus September 24, 2022 06:54

Also it's weird that imps can be "pious" since I'm pretty sure "imp" is just shorthand for "impious one".

Bucephalus October 16, 2022 06:25

After Gothmog breathes hellfire at a good pet, a flag gets flipped to double the damage, and it never get checked again. Even if the pets die, he'll breathe for 500 unresistable hellfire at the player every single time until he dies or you do.

Lost a promising character to this earlier today. Managed to reproduce it in Salmiak, so it's been in the code for a while. Did not test on other hellfire breathers.

Sideways October 16, 2022 08:08

Thanks for the report.

Can't reproduce it, though; every time I've tried it, damage reverts to normal as soon as the pet dies; and I can't see a problem in the code either. There's an alignment update in delete_monster_idx(), and calculate_upkeep() rechecks pets' alignment every turn even if you have no pets.

Bucephalus October 16, 2022 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideways (Post 159481)
Thanks for the report.

Can't reproduce it, though; every time I've tried it, damage reverts to normal as soon as the pet dies;

Hey fair enough. Honestly I teleported the pets away instead of dismissing them (I should have done that). It is, if nothing else, profoundly weird that having good-aligned pets out of LOS doubles hellfire damage for the player.

MITZE October 24, 2022 06:24

RFE: "Craven" clarification
 
Had a player on the webserver wondering where their vFear was coming from, on a Craven character.

Yes, I know the name of the personality would imply it, but apparently that's not enough and it needs to be explicitly stated that Craven gives vFear; its current description doesn't do that.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.