Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.salmiak released (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10152)

MITZE June 3, 2021 04:56

Invisible Monsters
 
The visibility of invisible monsters is not saved upon game exit; further, it's rerolled on game load, so you can exit and reload the game with an invisible monster nearby until you see it.

Sideways June 3, 2021 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITZE (Post 153601)
The visibility of invisible monsters is not saved upon game exit; further, it's rerolled on game load, so you can exit and reload the game with an invisible monster nearby until you see it.

Thanks. This was already fixed in the offline dev version, I shouldn't be so lazy about updating the nightly :o

NotCIAAgent June 24, 2021 18:15

How does player's stealing works? Namely, Rogue's Burglary and Gnome's Pickpocket. Are you just taking the enemy's loot while it's still alive? Are you effectively generating a second loot roll?

Because if you are just stealing the enemy's stuff he would drop if he was dead... what's the point? You probably gotta kill it anyway. At least it will be so until pretty late in the game, I assume.

Sideways June 26, 2021 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotCIAAgent (Post 153960)
How does player's stealing works? Namely, Rogue's Burglary and Gnome's Pickpocket. Are you just taking the enemy's loot while it's still alive? Are you effectively generating a second loot roll?

Because if you are just stealing the enemy's stuff he would drop if he was dead... what's the point? You probably gotta kill it anyway. At least it will be so until pretty late in the game, I assume.

Effectively, you're just taking its loot while it's still alive. (Loot isn't generated until it drops, so you wouldn't get exactly the same loot from killing it; but the same generation rules would apply.)

Picking pockets does have some upsides. You can get loot from monsters you aren't ready to kill; you can get loot from monsters without waking them up; and occasionally, the teleport aspect can be nice too. Of course, none of those work 100% of the time...

HugoVirtuoso July 3, 2021 23:36

This needs clarification:
Does dispel player mimicry, i.e. Player Mimic mimick, causes a game turn loss? I recall someone else saying this is true, but can't remember who.

Sideways July 4, 2021 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 154132)
This needs clarification:
Does dispel player mimicry, i.e. Player Mimic mimick, causes a game turn loss? I recall someone else saying this is true, but can't remember who.

Game turn probably isn't the term you're looking for here, but in any case the answer is no.

HugoVirtuoso July 4, 2021 20:19

Found a bug specific to Thrall Mode (found in Liquorice, Salmiak, and nightly):
On game-start, there's a single random ASCII character of a random color, e.g. tan ?, at the far bottom-right corner of the screen. It's not always there. On angband.live, It's reproducible when I get killed and then quick start via birth screens. It disappears when I use Ctrl-r. I have no idea of its significance. I don't know if offline play is affected.

To Sideways/rodent -- I think I figured out what was causing this....It's caused by setting angband.live's subwindow right cols = 1. I don't what this has to do with anything, but there it is. Setting this value to 0 'fixes' it.

Sideways July 5, 2021 02:45

Thanks. I'll need to look into which specific subwindows can trigger this issue, and disable them if their width equals 1.

HugoVirtuoso July 7, 2021 05:00

Rfe: Changing squeaky voice mutation description to, "Your face is rearranged!" while keeping the -4 CHR penalty! If not, I'll at least make this a part of Hugoband and make the CHR penalty steeper and/or add the opposite of reassuring image projection! :D

Bucephalus July 20, 2021 08:05

The help file for pets claims that they will not ever betray you. Pets have a chance of betraying you if you're suitably awful to them, which should be common sense, but isn't.

Beastmasters should probably start the game with full monster info.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.