Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

Nick March 15, 2020 07:04

New builds are up on the nightlies page and angband.live (source is here) with the following changes:
  • Several more improvements from backwardsEric, mainly to macOS tiles
  • Bugs with visibility of traps (when detected, and when disabled) have been fixed (#4205)

PowerWyrm March 16, 2020 15:17

Something I don't know if it is intended or a copy-paste error:

Code:

static void apply_magic_weapon(struct object *obj, int level, int power)
{
                } else if (tval_is_ammo(obj)) {
                        /* Up to two chances to enhance damage dice. */
                        if (one_in_(6) == 1) {
                                obj->ds++;
                                if (one_in_(10) == 1) {
                                        obj->ds++;
                                }
                        }
                }
}

Comment says "enlarge damage dice", but code enlarges sides.

PowerWyrm March 16, 2020 16:13

When I create a new character with the latest build, it says "melee: 1d1-20" and "missile: 1d1-20" on the birth screen.

Nick March 16, 2020 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWyrm (Post 143678)
Comment says "enlarge damage dice", but code enlarges sides.

This is correct - it is enhancing the dice by giving each dice more sides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWyrm (Post 143681)
When I create a new character with the latest build, it says "melee: 1d1-20" and "missile: 1d1-20" on the birth screen.

This, on the other hand, is not intentional. Thanks :)

Nick March 17, 2020 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWyrm (Post 143681)

Problem was the new food system - the birth screen was generated with the player at 0 food, and hence getting all the penalties from being starving. Fixed by feeding them first.

PowerWyrm March 17, 2020 11:27

A little copy/paste error: lore for BA_HOLY says "invoke mana storms".

Nick March 17, 2020 11:44

New builds now up on the nightlies page and angband.live (source is here) with the following changes:
  • Bonuses to movement speed added to status line (#4298)
  • Fox only gets one extra blow (#4303)
  • Shapechanged players can't throw any more, and can't do other stuff by using the context menus
  • Smart learning now allows monsters to learn from breaths, and is reset more often (so they forget everything and can respond to equipment changes); also it's now the default (#4295)
  • Monsters at their preferred range are more likely to cast spells instead of advancing (#4307)
  • Fixed PowerWyrm's birth screen problem

PowerWyrm March 17, 2020 17:53

I think there's a little code error in build_store(), line 1540:

Code:

if (build_s - build_n > 1 && square_isfloor(c, loc(door.x, build_s + 1)))
Everywhere else in the function, the negation is used before square_isfloor(), but not there, which seems suspicious.

wobbly March 17, 2020 18:01

Bit of a minor issue, the / command (identify symbol) reads straight off the top of the object list. For example if I move spear to the top of object list & give it the , symbol, then the command returns "polearm" for identify ','. This is mostly ok '!' returns flask which works ok for potion & ',' returns food which works ok for mushroom, I guess the only questionable one is the mushroom patch case.

Actually found a few more '^' is unknown symbol. '+' is closed door (which may be an issue for FA with trees). '#' is secret door.

DavidMedley March 17, 2020 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 143698)
  • Monsters at their preferred range are more likely to cast spells instead of advancing (#4307)

This sounds like a very good change. Makes me think, "why do ranged/casty monsters advance at all after getting in range" and then "they should probably retreat a square if they're not going to shoot/cast" and then "geez that would be super annoying if I had a melee character" and then "well, monsters would just be kiting the player like the player kites monsters all the time" and then "really should be a way to nerf kiting for players and newly minted kiting monsters" and then "everyone will hate me for even suggesting such a thing."