Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post-4.1.3 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9051)

Nick December 31, 2018 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 135078)
Targeting for breathe cones is definitely out. I some how didn't hit Sauron with Rivers of lightning despite him being marked as in Sight in the monster window. Get a lot of "it breathes" messages where I'm not being hit too.

OK, have added this.

Nick January 2, 2019 01:04

New builds are up on the nightlies page. There are (probably) no bugs fixed, and likely some introduced; over the last week or two I have done a big structural rewrite with no gameplay change (for the interested, replacing co-ordinates with a single grid struct thoughout most of the code).

So not particularly exciting, but there it is. The exciting bit will be in the feature/monster thread soon.

swaggert January 5, 2019 19:40

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but bought a Lantern of True Sight from the Black Market with 7500 turns.. Read the description and it says:"refills other lanterns up to 15000" Bought a plain lantern to test, and sure enough filled the plain one with 15000 turns, then used the plain one to fill the Lantern of True Sight with 15000 turns of light and I'll be heading back down with that. Felt like Nien the Half Troll was really much smarter than an intelligence of 7 suggests.

Derakon January 5, 2019 20:25

I'm pretty sure all that means is "lanterns can hold up to 15000 turns of oil, and lanterns can be used to refill other lanterns."

You could have also just bought a flask of oil and used that to fill your new lantern.

swaggert January 6, 2019 06:48

I see! I was confused by the wording and the properties of the magic lantern.

wobbly January 15, 2019 06:44

"The door appears to be broken". This costs me a turn because I'm too lazy to look before trying to close it, I don't think it should.

wobbly January 18, 2019 06:03

Another minor bug: Zapping an un-ided light rod while blind gives the "shimmering light" message but doesn't id.

Interrupt seems to still interrupt for unseen corridors while blind (on the old version still on angband.live). Not sure that's a bug or not, it's perhaps logical? Just mentioning it because there may be a whole heap of funny interrupts if you run around blind.

Ingwe Ingweron January 18, 2019 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 135448)
Interrupt seems to still interrupt for unseen corridors while blind (on the old version still on angband.live). Not sure that's a bug or not, it's perhaps logical? Just mentioning it because there may be a whole heap of funny interrupts if you run around blind.

That doesn't sound like a bug to me. While running blind, I'd be skimming the wall with my hands and if I suddenly came to an open space, would want to know why. ;)

Hounded January 19, 2019 03:51

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy seeing the collaboration and development. Games come and go but this (and previously Moria) has been the only one to survive and get continually better going back to the days of my XT.

I'm a "faint of heart grind it out" player so while I've not tried the nightly builds I have to say I'm extremely excited for the next milestone release.

Thank you to you all.

wobbly January 22, 2019 00:33

Resisting blindness when hit by the darkness spell does not identify the rdark rune