Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post-4.1.3 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9051)

wobbly August 22, 2018 06:02

What actually matters for shield bash? Str? Dex? Shield weight?

Nick August 22, 2018 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 133003)
What actually matters for shield bash? Str? Dex? Shield weight?

For chance of bashing: to-hit, DEX, dice of weapon compared to shield

For bash damage: to-hit, player weight, inventory weight, shield weight, shield dice, player level, STR

wobbly August 22, 2018 06:21

So I'm testing my own variant but it still got feature branch object and class in, but not a lot of floor items. All I can see is a billion books. Seems a little like book 1 drops a lot more then anything else. Possibly because every class has a book 1. It's pretty easy to see on a small level with not many items. They're almost all books.

Nick August 22, 2018 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 133005)
So I'm testing my own variant but it still got feature branch object and class in, but not a lot of floor items. All I can see is a billion books. Seems a little like book 1 drops a lot more then anything else. Possibly because every class has a book 1. It's pretty easy to see on a small level with not many items. They're almost all books.

If you've removed other level 1 items from object.txt, you'll be getting relatively more books.

wobbly August 22, 2018 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 133006)
If you've removed other level 1 items from object.txt, you'll be getting relatively more books.

It's feature branchs object.txt
It's literally just cave-gen, player-cals, generate, monster.txt
It's feature branch, with different gen and monsters. It's still feature branchs object.txt (It's actually the 2nd latest feature branch)

wobbly August 22, 2018 06:36

It's also the normal modified gens item placement. Just with corridor drops off. Only simple rooms though. Maybe the interesting rooms drop better.
I'll turn squelch off and try it in feature. I reckon there are a lot of books, you just don't see the squelched class books

wobbly August 22, 2018 06:44

New feature branch. Unmodified. Dlvl 1. 11 rooms & 6 books

Nick August 22, 2018 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 133009)
New feature branch. Unmodified. Dlvl 1. 11 rooms & 6 books

OK, this confirms that the extra books have introduced a new junk problem to deal with.

luneya August 23, 2018 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 133011)
OK, this confirms that the extra books have introduced a new junk problem to deal with.

Yep. I'll reiterate my suggestion from earlier in the development of the feature branch: at the beginning of the game, select two magic realms, one of which must be the player's own realm if the player is not a warrior, and have the game only generate spellbooks from the chosen realms. This will make it so that the supply of spellbook types that can be generated is roughly the same as it was under the old class system (when there were only divine and arcane), and thus there is no new junk problem.

fph August 23, 2018 09:28

At that point, since we're looking at filtering spellbooks anyway, we could generate only books that the player can use.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.