Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Restoring 6x9.fon - help needed (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=1907)

Magnate May 21, 2009 19:10

Restoring 6x9.fon - help needed
 
I decided I wanted to use the 6x9 font, which has been removed because it's non-free. I downloaded it from here:

http://trac.rephial.org/browser/trun.../6x9.fon?rev=2

and placed it into lib/xtra/font/, and started the game (in SDL mode). I clicked on a subwindow, clicked on the font menu and clicked on 6x9.fon, and got a thrilling new message:

A gruesome software bug LEAPS out at you! Panic save ....


... can anyone tell me how to fix this? Do I have to do anything else to 'register' the font? (This is Linux btw.)

Thanks in advance,

CC

Magnate May 21, 2009 22:14

Ignore me. I downloaded it from the wrong link. When I downloaded the actual font file, instead of the web page it was on, it worked fine.

takkaria May 21, 2009 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 19329)
Ignore me. I downloaded it from the wrong link. When I downloaded the actual font file, instead of the web page it was on, it worked fine.

Good to know that SDL's font-file loading routines are so well written. :)

Nick May 21, 2009 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 19329)
Ignore me. I downloaded it from the wrong link. When I downloaded the actual font file, instead of the web page it was on, it worked fine.

I disagree; IMHO takkaria should fix that so that the game parses the web page and then goes and gets the appropriate font. Or at least make that behaviour an option.

Magnate May 21, 2009 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 19333)
I disagree; IMHO takkaria should fix that so that the game parses the web page and then goes and gets the appropriate font. Or at least make that behaviour an option.

Would that be before or after he writes the code to optimise window size, placement and font choice based on the screen resolution and window flag options?

Atarlost May 22, 2009 00:47

After that, but before the code to search out your medical history in order to automatically adjust font choice based on your age and glasses prescription.

PaulBlay May 22, 2009 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarlost (Post 19342)
After that, but before the code to search out your medical history in order to automatically adjust font choice based on your age and glasses prescription.

Yeah, I'm sure not going to get by with a 6x9.fon. :(

Magnate May 22, 2009 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulBlay (Post 19343)
Yeah, I'm sure not going to get by with a 6x9.fon. :(

I usually use 6x10 on a 1280x1024 screen, but I'm playing on a 1280x800 laptop so I have to choose between shrinking the font height or completely changing my window layout. 6x9 is just about tolerable if it allows me to leave the windows in their usual places. (I use 8x13 for the main window, which is fine.)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.