Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   AAR (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post your last instadeath (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=4170)

ChodTheWacko March 1, 2011 01:21

Post your last instadeath

Azriel,Angel of Death - breathed nether. I had 530 hit points, so I just barely got killed. Pretty dissapointing - Lvl 39 ranger, I had artifact boots of speed (+13) and a ring of speed (+9), three immunities.

My last character wasn't -quite- an instadeath, but pretty close.
Something breathed confusion, and I couldn't use any of my escapes.
I tried my staff of teleport, failed, and was dead the next turn.

I always forget to dump my character log whenever I see a gravestone.

- Frank

Derakon March 1, 2011 01:27

Playing a warrior, no rod of trap detection found yet, trap door dropped me into a room with the only exit guarded by a group of novice paladins. Managed to phase into the corridor, but it led straight away from the room with no bends, so they cursed me to death as I fled.

HallucinationMushroom March 1, 2011 02:18

Living Dungeon, Oangband. Serious ouch... Didn't realize they could breathe seriously nasty acid. -400 or so final hitpoints, even with around 50% acid resistance.

Nick March 1, 2011 02:34

Waldern, Oangband. Walked toward me as I cast spells at him, then suddenly double-moved me, both casting storms. Dead from 586 HP.

Fendell Orcbane March 1, 2011 02:50

Wiruin, the maelstorm(FA) double moved me and I died. I'm not sure if I was double resisted and even if I was hasted he would have been able to double move me. I knew he was there too, but either my resistance faded or I forgot to double resist. But yeah I when from 824 to -406. This is actually the first time that I have been instakilled.

Pete Mack March 1, 2011 04:53

I don't remember the most recent, but I do remember the most dramatic.
Go down (disconnected) stairs at dl 75 or so in NPP. It's a small level with a hydra pit nearby, and no nearby stairs.
Teleport self.

Code:

The 11-headed hydra breathes plasma--more--the 12 headed hydra breathes inertia--more--
#########################
#                      #
# ##################### #
# #MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM# #
#@'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM# #
# ##################### #
#                      #
#########################

Derakon March 1, 2011 05:07

Wait, was that the entire level?

Pete Mack March 1, 2011 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 49293)
Wait, was that the entire level?

No, that was the result of teleport self--there were a couple other rooms and quite a few hallways on the level. It was a bit of a surprise. Also funny.

Bostock March 1, 2011 10:44

Sangband, trying to get apparently the first-ever win without Spell Resistance. Level 100, fighting the big P. Slowed to +27 speed by mind-blasting from some greater undead. Morgoth shouts at you DIE! x2 in one turn. You die.

Timo Pietilš March 1, 2011 11:36

Vanilla 3.2 after getting really frustrated by using lot of time clearing CGV and getting pretty much nothing useful from it at stat-gain (phial IIRC was only thing found I used, and it might have been monster drop), I found a four-room special room with Kavlax. Knowing that it might be instant death I shoot, it breathes gravity, then nexus. RIP.