Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Issues on current master (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8363)

PowerWyrm June 16, 2017 09:06

The code that generalized damage from terrain has not been ported to effect_handler_THRUST_AWAY() when the player is thrown into molten lava... resulting in the player taking double damage in that case (from the effect + when player is processed).

Nick June 16, 2017 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWyrm (Post 121817)
The code that generalized damage from terrain has not been ported to effect_handler_THRUST_AWAY() when the player is thrown into molten lava... resulting in the player taking double damage in that case (from the effect + when player is processed).

Thanks - I had just noticed lava damage for monsters from THRUST_AWAY, but hadn't put it together that the player was getting it too. I'm half inclined to leave it that monsters get hurt on entry and again every turn :)

MITZE June 18, 2017 03:48

Minor bug with inscriptions and praying

Even though you can start the praying process with 'p', trying to use 'p' in an inscription (@p1, ect.) doesn't work; inscriptions only allow for 'm' when trying to cast/pray a spell/prayer.

(Yeah, I know I can just use 'm' in inscriptions, but it bugs me that 'p' is a valid command and yet is not valid for inscription usage.)

wobbly June 18, 2017 14:22

If we're talking about inscriptions how hard would it be to allow inscribing devices to letters like is possible in some variants. For example I like my ?phase @rp, ?teleport @rt, _teleport @ut & my devices inscribed around the a & z keys. This doesn't seem to work in vanilla.

Byzantium June 18, 2017 14:50

In the most recent nightly (f643be9), store pricing for unseen consumables seems to be setting all of them to a base value based upon object type: all unseen potions cost 20, wands 50 etc., updating to normal values once @ has seen them.

Nick June 18, 2017 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byzantium (Post 121873)
In the most recent nightly (f643be9), store pricing for unseen consumables seems to be setting all of them to a base value based upon object type: all unseen potions cost 20, wands 50 etc., updating to normal values once @ has seen them.

Yes, this is how it traditionally was; getting a reasonable price for unidentified stuff was a temporary artefact of some other changes, which I finally got around to fixing.

Byzantium June 18, 2017 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 121881)
Yes, this is how it traditionally was; getting a reasonable price for unidentified stuff was a temporary artefact of some other changes, which I finally got around to fixing.

Sorry, I mean in buying from shops: so unseen !gainstat are going for 60 from the black market, unseen !CCW for 20 each (until you buy 1) from the temple, etc.

Nick June 18, 2017 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byzantium (Post 121882)
Sorry, I mean in buying from shops: so unseen !gainstat are going for 60 from the black market, unseen !CCW for 20 each (until you buy 1) from the temple, etc.

Ah, OK - that wasn't intended. Thanks for the report.