Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Preparing for 4.2 release (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9455)

Egavactip July 6, 2019 00:35

Oh, I forgot, I would like an ignore option that would allow me to ignore dragon scale mails by type. After a certain point in the game, I will have no use for red dragon, blue dragon, etc. scale mails, even with an ego, but might still have an interest in the more exotic dragon scale mails even without an ego. As it is, there is no flexibility in terms of ignoring dragon scale mails.

Nick July 6, 2019 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorczar (Post 139002)
I started playing a necromancer with persistent levels and randarts twice now and have had the character crash when trying to go down or up levels, leaving me back at the beginning of that level. This is the latest nightly build windows version, and Angband.Live Sometimes taking a different stairs work, sometimes I'm stuck on a level or a deep descent works. At first I thought it was only unbuilt levels but it also crashed before trying to go back to town.

If you could provide a save file (and randart file if you're playing with randarts) that would be really helpful.

Thanks for all the other comments, they will be considered. One small other note - Satisfy Hunger setting food level to 50% was intended, to make actual food more valuable. Maybe it should be called Alleviate Hunger.

Egavactip July 6, 2019 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 139020)
Thanks for all the other comments, they will be considered. One small other note - Satisfy Hunger setting food level to 50% was intended, to make actual food more valuable. Maybe it should be called Alleviate Hunger.

If you're going to do stuff like this, please make HUNGER OFF a pre-game option, because unless you want to challenge yourself with ironman, the whole hunger thing is nothing but a pain in the ass. Why anybody would want to make people have to deal with it even more than they already do is beyond me.

Ingwe Ingweron July 6, 2019 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 139020)
If you could provide a save file (and randart file if you're playing with randarts) that would be really helpful.

Thanks for all the other comments, they will be considered. One small other note - Satisfy Hunger setting food level to 50% was intended, to make actual food more valuable. Maybe it should be called Alleviate Hunger.

I have to agree with the push for the spell/scroll to take @ to 66%. It makes sense to me that Elven waybread is the best, but I also think the other magical hunger mechanic should be a better option than rations (which I think of as MREs, they get you by, but not the tastiest things) and certainly should be better than slime molds. Slime molds having a better benefit/weight ratio than the magical scroll just doesn't seem right.

Ingwe Ingweron July 6, 2019 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 138999)
I initially wanted to remove all XP modifiers, but was talked in to (essentially) keeping them for humans. Maybe High Elves and Dunedain should get a bigger modifier. It just seems like such a lame mechanic to me. What do others think?

I still think the race xp modifiers have value, or else there's just not much reason to play less powerful races.

Ingwe Ingweron July 6, 2019 02:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egavactip (Post 139017)
I would like to see a pre-game option to start stores close together, so that I don't have to waste useless time scurrying around the screen.

That would be convenient. Except for comps (where the rule is you must start with the original savefile, not rebirth, so everyone is on a level playing field), I find myself quit/rebirthing until I get a favorable town layout.

Egavactip July 6, 2019 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 139024)
I still think the race xp modifiers have value, or else there's just not much reason to play less powerful races.

Exactly. If the Race XP modifications are removed, then the humans need to be given some bonuses/advantages or it won't make much sense. There needs to be a penalty somewhere for playing a high elf, etc.

Egavactip July 6, 2019 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 139025)
That would be convenient. Except for comps (where the rule is you must start with the original savefile, not rebirth, so everyone is on a level playing field), I find myself quit/rebirthing until I get a favorable town layout.

Yeah, you know something's wrong when someone is motivated to do multiple restarts just in order to play the game.

Vorczar July 6, 2019 06:53

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 139020)
If you could provide a save file (and randart file if you're playing with randarts) that would be really helpful.

Attached. Hope that is what you need.
I'm playing a separate one without persistent levels, seems to run smoothly.

wobbly July 6, 2019 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 139024)
I still think the race xp modifiers have value, or else there's just not much reason to play less powerful races.

I disagree, "is weaker" is as much a reason as "is stronger". Though for the most part I'm fine with it either way (xp penalties or no xp penalties).


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.