Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Beleriand (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=4988)

Nick October 19, 2011 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostTemplar (Post 62278)
Btw, is FA 1.2x supposed to be something different from 1.16, except for code rewrite and new bugs, I mean any gameplay changes ?

Almost none. There were some incidental changes from the trap layer, and a few places where code adopted from Vanilla has tweaked things slightly; but there were really no planned changes.

LostTemplar October 19, 2011 23:22

Trying to merge my few changes, made after 1.16 with FA 1.26, so you can probably use them, if you like. I also have plans to seriously revisit monster.txt in "make game harder" manner generally by removing pitifull spells from powerfull monsters.

joelsanda October 20, 2011 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 61593)
So, the old FAangband will continue to exist. But there will also be a new variant, Beleriand.

Wow ... this sounds great. Are you planning on a wilderness map that approximates Beleriand's regions? An unreachable Gondolin?

Nick October 20, 2011 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsanda (Post 62290)
Wow ... this sounds great. Are you planning on a wilderness map that approximates Beleriand's regions? An unreachable Gondolin?

That's exactly what I'm planning - although High Elves will be able to get to Gondolin. It will be a while before I have anything playable, though.

LostTemplar October 20, 2011 10:25

Well, it seems strange things happen with FA126, It does not work correctly on my linux system, while 116 have no problems at all. It seems it cannot create any file, e.g. cannot save game. Maybe I missed something obvious.

Oh, it seems it can create pref files, just not save. Vanilla 3.3.0 have this too.
trivial solution was to replace ANGBAND_SAVE_DIR with "./lib/save", it seems working now.

It also refuses to run in console mode, at least before I run FA116, it seems some pref files are missing or just deifferent.

joelsanda October 20, 2011 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 62295)
That's exactly what I'm planning - although High Elves will be able to get to Gondolin. It will be a while before I have anything playable, though.

Can't wait to play :-)

LostTemplar October 21, 2011 03:29

Btw some wilderness locations seems to be buggy, e.g. going south from Eriador town results in strange things, and gruesome bugz.

Nick October 22, 2011 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostTemplar (Post 62317)
Btw some wilderness locations seems to be buggy, e.g. going south from Eriador town results in strange things, and gruesome bugz.

I did get a segfault related to race probabilities once (I seem to have messed that up somehow), but my pref files and console mode are fine.

LostTemplar October 22, 2011 08:09

I have just run your 1.26 windows binary.
At first it crashes on start, but second time it runs. Also going south form Eriador results in immediate crush. So it seems not only linux bug.

Nick October 22, 2011 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostTemplar (Post 62353)
I have just run your 1.26 windows binary.
At first it crashes on start, but second time it runs. Also going south form Eriador results in immediate crush. So it seems not only linux bug.

Fixed now - I had my array indices backwards :o


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.