Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   24 hour Angband challenge (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10900)

Selkie September 11, 2021 19:37

Up to clvl 26 and feeling like a win within 24 hours is going to be achievable... I made the first 25 levels with a mage which is the hardest challenge. I just need a couple of wands of annihilation and I'm a unique assassin. The night is young, cranking up the tunes for the mid game

Estie September 11, 2021 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 155282)
Neither chrome nor Edge can open angband.live correctly on android phones, alas. I cant actually see the games, just the news page.

That sucks. Dont you have a PC ?

Pete Mack September 11, 2021 20:56

@Estie--
Yeah, but i mostly prefer the phone for angband, now.

HugoVirtuoso September 12, 2021 01:03

@Pete Mack

Some questions: How old is your Android? Have you used Firefox on your Android? If not, try it instead of Edge and Chrome. iirc, I had at least navigational experience with angband.live on Firefox. If you use Firefox, you should be using Desktop Mode. This is because Firefox's default mobile mode actually makes angband.live un-navigatable.

Estie September 12, 2021 01:34

Well...there is a reason I cant find any artifacts, and it is that I have the "restrict creation of artifacts" option set from my last 4.2.3 game :/

Oh well.

malcontent September 12, 2021 07:23

Started at around 4:45 AM (US pacific coast) and finished at about 11:10 PM.

Nice confluence of circumstances - I was able to arrange my schedule around this, take lots of breaks and of course the RNG was pretty good to me.

I give a rough estimate of actual playing time at around 16 hours

Selkie September 12, 2021 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcontent (Post 155297)
Started at around 4:45 AM (US pacific coast) and finished at about 11:10 PM.

Nice confluence of circumstances - I was able to arrange my schedule around this, take lots of breaks and of course the RNG was pretty good to me.

I give a rough estimate of actual playing time at around 16 hours

So how did you do?

malcontent September 12, 2021 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selkie (Post 155298)
So how did you do?

To my great surprise I was able to do it. First time I have ever beaten Morgoth in a competition.

Nick September 12, 2021 08:34

I have omitted to let people know about the competition ladder. Make sure to take a character dump and upload it.

Selkie September 12, 2021 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 155301)
I have omitted to let people know about the competition ladder. Make sure to take a character dump and upload it.

I'm dumb. This was my first competition and I think I was confused. I thought we would upload our dump at the end, but I now see that was not the case.

For my future reference, how does it work?