Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Preparing for 4.2 release (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9455)

Nick July 22, 2019 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 139321)
Something has gone odd with the rune.id system. Even with the "know runes" birth option on, Boots of Wormtongue have a {??} in its title indicating unknown runes.

Hm. Will check.

EDIT: Actually, savefile would be handy if you can.

Ingwe Ingweron July 22, 2019 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 139323)
Hm. Will check.

EDIT: Actually, savefile would be handy if you can.

Since it's on Angband.live, I guess you have access or Gwarl can get it for you. I've stored the oddity in the Home.

Sphara July 23, 2019 09:27

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 139321)
Something has gone odd with the rune.id system. Even with the "know runes" birth option on, Boots of Wormtongue have a {??} in its title indicating unknown runes.

Same with rune knowledge birth option off. Found a very early jackpot Amulet of Sustenance and it was already pre-identified but had {??}. As I started reading ID's on it, sustaining runes started to reveal. Haven't used ID on HoldLife yet and there in the pic, it appears ´half-identified'.

fph July 23, 2019 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 139325)
Same with rune knowledge birth option off. Found a very early jackpot Amulet of Sustenance and it was already pre-identified but had {??}. As I started reading ID's on it, sustaining runes started to reveal. Haven't used ID on HoldLife yet and there in the pic, it appears ´half-identified'.

Could it be cursed?

Sphara July 23, 2019 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by fph (Post 139327)
Could it be cursed?

Character was alive for over 10 000 turns (now dead) after wearing it and never noticed any effect, so VERY LIKELY no.

I had the same ghost identification with a Ring of the Dog. Fear resistance showed gray + in the ring slot but the sustenance amulet's pFear status was showing a question mark.

Voovus July 23, 2019 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 139321)
Something has gone odd with the rune.id system. Even with the "know runes" birth option on, Boots of Wormtongue have a {??} in its title indicating unknown runes.

Whoa, I like the new "hidden" effect of these boots (re: effect on traps). :eek:

Is this deliberate? It isn't declared when playing with known runes.

Nick July 23, 2019 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voovus (Post 139334)
Whoa, I like the new "hidden" effect of these boots (re: effect on traps). :eek:

Is this deliberate? It isn't declared when playing with known runes.

It is deliberate, and that pretty much confirms that it's causing the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 139325)
Same with rune knowledge birth option off. Found a very early jackpot Amulet of Sustenance and it was already pre-identified but had {??}. As I started reading ID's on it, sustaining runes started to reveal. Haven't used ID on HoldLife yet and there in the pic, it appears ´half-identified'.

Thanks, will chase his up too.

Voovus July 24, 2019 20:47

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 139336)
It is deliberate, and that pretty much confirms that it's causing the problem.

Save file with boots attached, if it helps.

On a different note, theft works much better now - thank you, Nick! Mushrooms of Shadow seem a bit too rare (only found 1 in an entire run, and none seem to appear in mushroom rooms).

Nick July 24, 2019 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voovus (Post 139352)
Save file with boots attached, if it helps.

On a different note, theft works much better now - thank you, Nick! Mushrooms of Shadow seem a bit too rare (only found 1 in an entire run, and none seem to appear in mushroom rooms).

Thanks, but I've found and fixed the problem. I'll tweak the mushrooms a bit.

Ingwe Ingweron July 24, 2019 21:58

Thought I was imagining it at first, but it's repeated enough times that it's for sure. Getting a lot of "run past" problems, where @ runs over $ but they aren't picked up. Also happens occasionally with objects such as ammo, etc.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.