Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Competition (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Competition 238 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10937)

Nick October 16, 2021 02:43

Competition 238
 
Competition 238 is now up on the competition page, it is an FAangband 2.0.1 Green-Elf Ranger, with standard wilderness.

This is the first go for FAangband version 2 in a competition; it's still pretty new, so I'm expecting the odd bug to turn up. There is a savefile provided, but there's no obligation to use it (especially if playing on angband.live); default birth options except turn connected stairs off. Standard ranking (wins first ranked by turns, non-winners ranked by XP/turns) applies.

MITZE October 16, 2021 17:42

What about the initial stat spread, for us on the webserver?

Nick October 16, 2021 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITZE (Post 155814)
What about the initial stat spread, for us on the webserver?

Up to you :)

Nick October 20, 2021 13:27

While the competition said version 2.0.1, it's fine to play the nightly instead, which is the same except for bugfixes (and more of these happening all the time). I've updated the competition page to reflect this.

Sacksquatch October 23, 2021 20:11

Nick, I see this page says all default options except stairs. The comp page doesn't mention default options.

Can I get a clarification on selling? Does it need to be disabled?

Nick October 23, 2021 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacksquatch (Post 155944)
Nick, I see this page says all default options except stairs. The comp page doesn't mention default options.

Can I get a clarification on selling? Does it need to be disabled?

The only options that matter are the ones on the competition page, so certainly play with selling on if you like.

Sphara October 26, 2021 04:54

I don't get the competition scoring. How does Faangband game turn count work exactly?
Please, please do tell me it has nothing to do with real-time gameplay.

Nick October 26, 2021 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 156002)
I don't get the competition scoring. How does Faangband game turn count work exactly?
Please, please do tell me it has nothing to do with real-time gameplay.

It's exactly the same as Vanilla.

Sphara October 26, 2021 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 156003)
It's exactly the same as Vanilla.

Yeah, but how does it work? I don't know, I've never read any topic about the difference of "game turns" and "standard turns".

Nick October 26, 2021 06:02

This thread discusses it. Arguably standard turns is the correct measure, so you would have finished in front of MITZE :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.