Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Equipment optimiser for frogcomposband characters (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9602)

ShadowTechnology November 25, 2019 05:07

How to quickly update an existing character?
 
Periodically I would like to re-optimize an existing character. I've been uploading the new HTML dump file and starting all over each time. The tedious and time consuming part is adding all the attribute constraints one at a time before I can start optimization. Is there a way to do one of the following?

1. Have all the attributes open by default (with a neutral value), or as a menu option (e.g."expand all attributes")

2. Apply the existing set of open attributes from the last incarnation of a character to the updated copy of the same character (same file name). Maybe as a saved preference file?

Thanks again for this useful tool.

schatz November 29, 2019 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTechnology (Post 141409)
Periodically I would like to re-optimize an existing character. I've been uploading the new HTML dump file and starting all over each time.

You should not need to create a new character. Click on the link to the existing character and then click on the edit button at the bottom. You should then be able to upload the new HTML dump file for that character. Optimisation will then happen for the new HTML dump file.

ShadowTechnology December 1, 2019 01:54

Optmizer not parsing some attributes corerectly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by schatz (Post 141476)
You should not need to create a new character. Click on the link to the existing character and then click on the edit button at the bottom. You should then be able to upload the new HTML dump file for that character. Optimisation will then happen for the new HTML dump file.

Thanks for that helpful hint Schatz. I actually figured it out a few minutes after I posted my question, but I thought others might benefit from hearing the answer. I think my initial confusion was thinking a had to upload the new save file onto the server first, then open it, then optimize. I took me a while to notice the update button allows you to upload a new save file (in addition to allowing you to update your optimizing parameters). It's all good now.

But I have noticed a failure of the program to properly parse the attributes of some items. For example I have this weapon:
The Broad Axe of Lokar (2d7) (+25,+21) (+4) {StInCnSr|V/XU/*o(St}
The optimizer is recognizing Vampiric brand and *Slay Demon* but is not recognizing the Slay Evil or the Slay Orc.
Here's another example:
The Lochaber Axe of Fiona (3d9) (+16,+16) (+1) {WiSlSr;LvBs/XL/*p}
The optimizer sees *Slay Undead* but not Slay Evil or Slay People.

As you might imagine, missing some weapons with Slay Evil is going to have mess up endgame optimization quite a bit.

It's not just Randarts that are affected:
a Lochaber Axe of Gondolin (3d9) (+18,+15) {Dk;FaSiLu/DoTU}
Is not recognized as having slay Dragon, Orc, or Undead (strangely, it is seeing the Slay Troll attribute for some reason), which greatly underestimates its value and can eliminate it from consideration is /D (for example is a required attribute.

Can this be fixed by telling the program that:
Slay Troll = /T or /T? or /?T or /??T or /???T or ...

ShadowTechnology December 1, 2019 02:37

Also, some of the Elemental Brands are not even being looked for:
|E and |P
(but |A, |F, and |Co are available for selection as attributes, and show up in the table)

ShadowTechnology December 1, 2019 02:46

Hmm...
I backed out one step and went into the list of items again. The "of Gondolin" weapons are properly showing all four slays now (/DoTU), but the two Randart examples above are still broken.

Bostock December 16, 2019 02:36

Character 41 gives 500 error
 
Every attempt I make to access character #41 gives a 500 error. I was using it fine for quite a while before this happened.

Bostock December 16, 2019 13:20

Another oddity: the Optimiser is only counting Nenya as 1Wm (and is perhaps undercounting it in other ways too, since it never picks Nenya unless forced). See character 43. Had the same behavior with character 41 (the one that ran into the recurring server error).

Also, the first dump I uploaded that had the Dagger of Amun did not lead to that item being added to the item list. I tried putting it in my home and re-uploading, and then it was visible to the Optimiser.

Melum December 23, 2019 00:24

Security errors
 
Big fan of optimiser, however the website has been throwing up errors for a few days. Says there’s expired certificates etc. Any chance this could be fixed?

Bostock February 4, 2020 16:12

Although the optimiser is correctly respecting my restraints for *Fi>=1 and *Co>=1 (and thus using Nenya and Narya), the attribute list at the bottom shows *Fi and *Co as 0.

Character 48 (a Beholder).

schatz March 4, 2020 11:52

Apologies for the late response. Hopefully better late than never.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTechnology (Post 141504)
But I have noticed a failure of the program to properly parse the attributes of some items. For example I have this weapon:
The Broad Axe of Lokar (2d7) (+25,+21) (+4) {StInCnSr|V/XU/*o(St}
The optimizer is recognizing Vampiric brand and *Slay Demon* but is not recognizing the Slay Evil or the Slay Orc.
Here's another example:
The Lochaber Axe of Fiona (3d9) (+16,+16) (+1) {WiSlSr;LvBs/XL/*p}
The optimizer sees *Slay Undead* but not Slay Evil or Slay People.

This should be fixed now.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.