Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Equipment optimiser for frogcomposband characters (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9602)

Susramanian March 6, 2020 04:30

Thanks, schatz. I love your Optimizer.

Idea, in case you're looking for them: allow us to assign weights to various stats for use in the Optimizer's maximization calculations. For example, we might tell the optimizer to value +dam more than +AC by assigning a weight of 1.0 to +dam but a weight of 0.4 to +AC.

Keep up the good work!

Susramanian March 8, 2020 15:28

I have a cloak with Aura of Shards and the Optimizer is counting it as both [Sh and Sh.

Sorry to pester; I love this Optimizer:)

Susramanian March 8, 2020 23:02

Probably another case of the same error I reported last: gloves of slaying with the Slay Living flag get counted as having Levitation by the Optimizer (they both use Lv in their inscriptions). I think with the way the inscriptions are set up it should be possible to always determine the intention of an ambiguous string like Sh or Lv by detecting certain tag-like characters ([ and /)in the string before them.

Have a good one and thanks again!

schatz March 9, 2020 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susramanian (Post 143473)
I have a cloak with Aura of Shards and the Optimizer is counting it as both [Sh and Sh.

Fixed.

Quote:

Sorry to pester; I love this Optimizer:)
I'm glad it's of some use. :D

schatz March 9, 2020 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susramanian (Post 143479)
Probably another case of the same error I reported last: gloves of slaying with the Slay Living flag get counted as having Levitation by the Optimizer (they both use Lv in their inscriptions). I think with the way the inscriptions are set up it should be possible to always determine the intention of an ambiguous string like Sh or Lv by detecting certain tag-like characters ([ and /)in the string before them.

Fixed.

Very much appreciate the bug reports. I should have written a parser for the attributes string rather than doing string comparisons. A bit too late now - something to keep in mind should I find more time on my hands.

ShadowTechnology March 15, 2020 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by schatz (Post 143493)
Fixed.

Very much appreciate the bug reports. I should have written a parser for the attributes string rather than doing string comparisons. A bit too late now - something to keep in mind should I find more time on my hands.

It's interpreting this:
hands: a Set of Spiked Gauntlets of the Giant (-4,+7) [4,+10] (+3) {StCn;-In(St}
as having -3 INT and -3 STR, with +3 CON.
(should be -3 INT, with +3 STR and +3 CON)

schatz March 16, 2020 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTechnology (Post 143629)
It's interpreting this:
hands: a Set of Spiked Gauntlets of the Giant (-4,+7) [4,+10] (+3) {StCn;-In(St}
as having -3 INT and -3 STR, with +3 CON.
(should be -3 INT, with +3 STR and +3 CON)

Should be fixed now. I really should work on a proper parser. Thanks!

Sideways June 7, 2020 23:48

The optimizer doesn't seem to recognize the Platinum Yendorian Express Card as a shield.

ShadowTechnology June 26, 2020 05:25

False positives from randart/reforge names

Two examples:
hands: The Set of Leather Gloves of Scorpio [1,+12] {PoSo;Fa Cammithrim}
light: The Stone 'Fire Marble' (+4) {StWiCn;Dk Stone of Life}

The optimizer thinks the gloves provide rChaos (Ca) because "Cammithrim"

The optimizer thinks the light provide rLight (Li) because "Stone of Life"

Is there a way to get it to ignore the artifact's ancestor's name?

chem June 30, 2020 23:13

why do I need an account to use the optimizer site? seems odd

edit: nevermind it's to persist characters