Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FAangband 2.0.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10887)

Thraalbee September 12, 2021 09:55

Enjoying FAangband again! Happy to see the new release.

I am having problems with moving house to Gondolin though. This is the second character that fails to enter Gondolin after initiating the house move. Game crashes instead.


http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=24639

Nick September 12, 2021 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraalbee (Post 155304)
Enjoying FAangband again! Happy to see the new release.

I am having problems with moving house to Gondolin though. This is the second character that fails to enter Gondolin after initiating the house move. Game crashes instead.

This is a known bug, fixed shortly after 2.0.0 came out. I really should release 2.0.1 with it fixed. If you play the latest release from here the problem should not happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinkhog (Post 155302)
Just played through this to completion as a warrior, here's the dump.

Great variant, moving around the greater map through the different outdoor areas is really cool. Too bad 90% of the game is still in the regular dungeon. Would be better the other way around IMO.

I only noticed a couple of bugs, one is that items sometimes say they were found in the Arena. The other is that town building locations reroll every time you visit the town.
Also no quest on level 99 but I assume that's deliberate.

Going to play through again as a spellcaster I think.

Is the idea to move fully to Tolkein lore? As I noticed there's still lots of D&D monsters and stuff.

I had a feeling the town-changing thing was a fixed bug too, but can't find a reference to it; I can't reproduce it in the latest release, though, so maybe it's fixed?

Items found in the arena is interesting, where were they actually found? Any other details?

As for more time in wilderness and closer to Tolkien lore, I do have another project (Beleriand) on the go which I will hopefully be able to say something about soon.

Blinkhog September 12, 2021 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 155307)

Items found in the arena is interesting, where were they actually found? Any other details?

eg. "Dropped by Gothmog, the High Captain of Balrogs in Arena Town"
when it was actually Angband at 4700' feet, but happened occasionally in other locations too.

How do I move houses?

Nick September 12, 2021 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinkhog (Post 155317)
eg. "Dropped by Gothmog, the High Captain of Balrogs in Arena Town"
when it was actually Angband at 4700' feet, but happened occasionally in other locations too.

How do I move houses?

Thanks.

Move house is the '$' command; use it when you're in the town you want to move to.

Cuboideb September 13, 2021 22:22

Request for Android
 
It could be possible in FA and V (center_player on) to have the player always in the center of the screen, even when the character is near the edges of the dungeon? I mean, drawing a blank pad outside the edges.

This is a difficult request, but a lot of action happens at the edges, where the android port has the input widgets.

Ingwe Ingweron September 14, 2021 17:29

Nick, I'm at the tail end of my bug-testing, which entails going through all the text files. The same as before with Angband, I do this by creating a new test class and race. I've successfully done the class portion, but I keep running into a problem with the race. Aside from p_race and history, are there any other files that are necessary? Maybe ghost or race relations? Currently, I get all the way through the birth process, but then it dumps me out and no savefile is created. (The new class will work as long as I don't adjust the p_race and history files.)

Nick September 14, 2021 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 155352)
Nick, I'm at the tail end of my bug-testing, which entails going through all the text files. The same as before with Angband, I do this by creating a new test class and race. I've successfully done the class portion, but I keep running into a problem with the race. Aside from p_race and history, are there any other files that are necessary? Maybe ghost or race relations? Currently, I get all the way through the birth process, but then it dumps me out and no savefile is created. (The new class will work as long as I don't adjust the p_race and history files.)

First, thanks for doing this, it's an excellent test :)

I think it's likely race_relations that's the problem. It shouldn't be ghost, and the other possibility is store, but I think that's unlikely too. Let me know how it goes (or if you get sick of testing, in which case I'll probably follow it up). Ideally you should be able to add a race without other stuff breaking, so I may want to try and make that happen.

Blinkhog September 15, 2021 07:21

1 Attachment(s)
Just bought this item at the mage shop for 0 gold ... seems like a good deal

tg122 September 17, 2021 01:09

I just noticed that when I was in the wilderness and rested til sunrise/sunset, 3 days passed before I woke up. Sun rose and set 3 times each. I'm assuming this is probably a bug?

Nick September 17, 2021 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by tg122 (Post 155394)
I just noticed that when I was in the wilderness and rested til sunrise/sunset, 3 days passed before I woke up. Sun rose and set 3 times each. I'm assuming this is probably a bug?

Sure looks like it.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.