Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No Sell - I am convinced (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=4550)

Derakon June 21, 2011 23:30

A feeling of death flows throughout your body. -more- You have no more Black Potions of Life. -more- You are dead.

Max Stats June 21, 2011 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 55575)
A feeling of death flows throughout your body. -more- You have no more Black Potions of Life. -more- You are dead.

With your final breath, you summon the strength to mutter: "Oh, the irony!"

nobody June 22, 2011 00:59

the problem with no-sell is that i really like selling. the problem with id by use on potions and scrolls, is often you can't tell what they are unless you try them whilst affected by the status they fix, or in certain situations, which is just dumb to me. i know no-sell doesn't automatically mean you have to id by use, but screw giving stuff away. (to fake people in a game at least) as for being a bad player, i just am, regardless of playing sell or no-sell, and i'm fine with it.

Raxmei June 22, 2011 01:11

I certainly wouldn't *complain* if ID by use got more reliable. I can live with what we already have but there are some annoying bits.

Icon June 22, 2011 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 55543)
I thought everybody avoided being burned by Summon Monster (or Summon Undead) by making sure they were standing on a staircase before reading any untried scrolls. One day d_m will fix monster energy so that summons are guaranteed not to move before @ gets a turn, and then all will be fine ;-) (at the moment it only happens about 2-5% of the time anyway).

Well that was my technique for using wands of polymorph to speed levelling back in my Moria days. :D

Raggy June 23, 2011 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 55516)
Carry more arrows, then.

Well its impossible. I buy up the 99 arrows the general store stacks, and the few arrows (if any) the weapon shop have.

I always run out of ammo first, than any of the other consumables I as a ranger carry.

I feel that the 33% (?) break rate of arrows are to often, or the shops need to carry more arrows.

Of course I could switch to a crossbow, but I rarely find any which are better than the bows I find, so I opt for more damage.

Derakon June 23, 2011 16:31

Wow, you must be using your arrows to kill everything then. Even when I play a ranger I use melee for most monsters, just because the tedium of retrieving ammo after each fight is wearing otherwise.

nobody June 23, 2011 16:56

yeah, thats probably what happens. myself, i usually only arrow to death shrooms, jellys, things like that, and arrow to weaken strong things. weak things that won't hurt my equipment, stats, or status get meleed

Netbrian June 23, 2011 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 55781)
Wow, you must be using your arrows to kill everything then. Even when I play a ranger I use melee for most monsters, just because the tedium of retrieving ammo after each fight is wearing otherwise.

I wish that there were magnetic arrows that I could just cast a spell to collect or something.

Raxmei June 23, 2011 22:52

To think Angband's inventory management used to be less friendly to archery. I normally go mostly melee anyway, but then I've never gotten terribly far with Rangers.