Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No Sell - I am convinced (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=4550)

Raggy June 24, 2011 11:38

I see the point of Blackmarket, raised in the poll thread.

Sometimes I'm short just 1k or even less to buy a wanted item in the BM. Maybe some sort of exchange policy?

For this ring of slaying, I'll most happily take your "The Rapier 'Forasgil'"

Tibarius June 24, 2011 12:20

A quick thought on no_selling. I play certain types of characters. Currently i play gnome mage and try to become winner without the use of melee or firing.

If i find a powerfull sword, that does not give a resist, or some other benefit - it is useless for me. Even the Megadamage whip of slay something is worth nothing. But still i am happy about finding it, because i can sell it in town and hope to get something usefull over the black market (which ridiculously has already several priest spell books at sale, but no mage books *whine*).

If i cannot sell stuff anymore, i will have less often the 'lucky feeling' of finding something which benefits me in a certain way. I think that just finding gold does not give the same amount of satisfaction that the items you can sell do.

On the other hand, i am most likely in for the idea to abolish all shops. You only keep what you think could turn out usefull in the future.

P.S. If identify becomes available via consumable scroll - then the feature could eliminated as well. Why bother with IDing stuff, if it is expected that the player does it anyway. Then all items could be IDed by standard and noone would have to care about ID at all. Or eliminate ID at all - that at last would force the player to try things out.

Cheers,
Tibarius

Zikke June 25, 2011 07:21

You can play a no-sell game without having a setting that forces it. Just don't keep anything for selling.

CunningGabe June 25, 2011 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zikke (Post 55897)
You can play a no-sell game without having a setting that forces it. Just don't keep anything for selling.

That's true, but the no-sell setting also boosts gold drops to compensate.

dos350 June 25, 2011 13:12

jsjjajjajaj now ur talking of ways to sell in no sell? cant anyone tell its ridiculous?~!

Zikke June 25, 2011 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos350 (Post 55904)
jsjjajjajaj now ur talking of ways to sell in no sell? cant anyone tell its ridiculous?~!

?

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

dos350 June 25, 2011 14:18

Quote:

Sometimes I'm short just 1k or even less to buy a wanted item in the BM. Maybe some sort of exchange policy?

that kind of thing for no sell just said up abov lol~

Nick June 25, 2011 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zikke (Post 55905)
I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Don't worry - he's from Nimbin :)

Jazerus June 25, 2011 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raggy (Post 55829)
I see the point of Blackmarket, raised in the poll thread.

Recall into the dungeon and clear a couple of rooms, then recall back. It's pretty unlikely you'll trigger restock on that short of a trip.

dos350 June 25, 2011 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 55909)
Don't worry - he's from Nimbin :)

excuse me~!?