Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No Sell - I am convinced (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=4550)

Timo Pietilš June 17, 2011 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 55048)
To be frank, nobody's going to listen to your opinion on this until you've tried it.

and, frankly, probably not even after you have tried it. Person that complains about every single change is like person who yells "Wolf" one too many time.

dos350 June 17, 2011 18:30

i dont need to try it , i know from reading about it that it sucks alot and i wouldnt like it!

Magnate June 17, 2011 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš (Post 55073)
Person that complains about every single change is like person who yells "Wolf" one too many time.

fx: sound of Magnate's jaw hitting floor.

jens June 17, 2011 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 55086)
fx: sound of Magnate's jaw hitting floor.

Was thinking about commenting something similar... But then I realised that even if it doesn't always sound like it, Timo likes quite a lot of the changes :)

dos350 June 17, 2011 20:02

please, instead of removing things from game and making it a mental attack on players to encourage certain styles of play, just keep the game good and maybe like chill out!

please , please! no rage!!~

i cant stress enough , truly~ this game is going downhill if u let it~!~!~!

Therem Harth June 17, 2011 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos350 (Post 55083)
i dont need to try it , i know from reading about it that it sucks alot and i wouldnt like it!

With lines like that, I don't think your pleas of "no rage!" are going to avail you. Just sayin'.

As far as "no sell" gameplay goes... I will admit I haven't tried it. However, if it reduces the amount of time I spend scumming around for cash to buy necessary stuff at stores, then I'm all for it.

(Take my input with a grain of salt though; my *banding habits do not fit the normal profile.)

Derakon June 17, 2011 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos350 (Post 55097)
please, instead of removing things from game and making it a mental attack on players to encourage certain styles of play, just keep the game good and maybe like chill out!

From where I stand, you're the one trying to remove things from the game. Specifically, you're trying to remove the no-selling option, which I happen to hold quite dearly.

Nobody's forcing you to play with no-selling; we're just saying that you can't make a compelling case for it being a bad idea, especially since you haven't tried it.

dos350 June 17, 2011 20:36

excuse me again~! i never said to remove it ,

but i certainly dont want to see it become the default option, nor can i understand why people would like it..

there really is no point to it at all...

as for scumming for gold etc, its not an issue, from wat i see u no sell fanatics are creating worst case gold fantasies to validate this new fad of no sell~~ please , no rage ,, eeeeeee!

Magnate June 17, 2011 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos350 (Post 55102)
excuse me again~! i never said to remove it ,

but i certainly dont want to see it become the default option, nor can i understand why people would like it..

Well, you're in a tiny minority there. I don't have any inside info, but my money is firmly on takkaria making no_selling on by default in 3.3 ....

EDIT: ah no wait, I remember a conversation about this. It has to be off by default to avoid scaring/confusing new players. Never mind.

Max Stats June 17, 2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 55106)
Well, you're in a tiny minority there.

Looks like it's time for a poll to settle this.