Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Angband 4.1.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8431)

Pete Mack June 25, 2017 20:11

Kudos!
Feature request: Make it easier to count the number of kills it takes to reach each CL, by including total kills in the "Reached level N" messages. This idea is inspired by Sky's thread about low HP in a starting character. I find recording this info helpful, but I usually forget.
And with this feature there's the possibility of a "pacifist" style Angband competition.

wkmanire June 25, 2017 21:45

Love the Identify changes

The old identify system really used to bug me. It seemed like I could never identify all of the stuff I found. This still looks like it's a possibility, but at least I'll get partial identification on things that have runes I've seen before. Very cool!

Estie June 25, 2017 22:07

Awesome! Now to test it.

- Did you really remove the priestly identify spell or just forget to list it ?

Nick June 25, 2017 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estie (Post 122062)
Did you really remove the priestly identify spell or just forget to list it ?

Good point. I just forgot it - it's still in Godly Insights. Also didn't mention Unbarring Ways under traps.

Nick June 25, 2017 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 122055)
Nice to see this out. 1st "bug" - rings of the mouse are free when they show up in the BM

2nd - the curse where weapons turn on you, doesn't show up when I inspect the weapon
3rd? - fired a sling pebble at a door that was out of light radius (closed as far as I know). It turned into a blank square

Maybe rings of the mouse are actually valued at 0.
Will check on the treacherous weapon curse.
The pebble one is interesting - I guess it's a bug, but if you had some way of knowing the pebble had gone through the door it wouldn't be.

Nick June 25, 2017 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip (Post 122056)
Glad to see the FA-ing of V continues apace. Please add Crows of Durthang/Udun next, and maybe storm of the night and Udun-spells for the late game?
Another thing that would be nice, given that moria type levels are already on their way in, would be adding theme levels. Those are always such great fun.

Ssh! I don't think anyone else had noticed...

debo June 25, 2017 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 122065)

Where's my storm of unmagic!! It even made it into poscheng!

Great job on getting 4.1 out the door. Looking forward to where things go from here. (That means you're not allowed to give up yet.)

Ingwe Ingweron June 26, 2017 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 122065)

Still waiting on trees, water, swamp, desert, wilderness, neutrally aligned "p", special levels, quests, .... So many things that make FA great! :D

Congratulations, Nick, and all the Development Team!

silsor June 26, 2017 02:01

Congratulations! I'm really looking forward to playing this.

dos350 June 26, 2017 07:36

nice effort guys, way to go~!