Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dan's OFFICIAL Angband Question Thread (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=6033)

OOD Town drunk April 25, 2013 02:23

Dan's OFFICIAL Angband Question Thread

PURPOSE: I tend to have a whole lot of little questions here and there, and have been posting new threads each time I have one, so on some excellent advice from one, Pete Mack,
I have now started: Dan's OFFICIAL Angband Question Thread!

DISCLAIMER: I may sneak game development suggestions or requests in here or there, get over it. ;) Unless you don't want to. Totally your call. Also, I tend to typetalk in a fashion similar to how I mouthtalk. Which tends to be highly erratic and facetious. Also comical if you have a dry sense of humor. I think I am hilarious, however, you are entitled to your thoughts and opinions.

also I find lots of minor bugs and typos. expect those as well

NOW FELLOW ANGBANDIANS, RIDDLE ME THIS:

OOD Town drunk April 25, 2013 02:24

Having started the latest competition (#138) about 5-10 times now, I have started to notice something odd that I apparently didn't understand as well as I thought I did. (You can try this for yourself)

At level 2, my HP goes from 16 to 20.
At level 3, my HP goes from 20 to 33.

Are your hit dice prerolled at birth?? This seems strange to me. This leads me to all sorts of other questions involving the RNG.

But, for now, my Q is: ARE YOUR HIT DICE PREROLLED AT BIRTH?

Antoine April 25, 2013 02:26

YES

Antoine.

OOD Town drunk April 25, 2013 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antoine (Post 79290)
YES

Antoine.

Hmm. Ok, so, here is my new assumption: All of your character's level-up hit-dice are rolled at birth. These rolls being the base value for each level up, before taking into the equation CON Bonuses?

I suppose the more I think about it, the less crazy it seems. Seeing as how when you gain CON, you gain HP retroactively based on your level.

I believe I now fully grasp this concept. Unless somebody knows well enough to explain differently then I have guessed here. :) Knowledge is my homeboy

OOD Town drunk April 25, 2013 04:13

(Given my current choice in version, there will likely be quite a few 3.5dev questions)

Flask of Whiskey

It raises your spirits.

Nourishes for around 125 turns.

***Is this just flavor?? Or do I need my spirits raised in 3.5?

Antoine April 25, 2013 04:24

That is for the rest of us - we need it to deal with your formatting!

A.

OOD Town drunk April 25, 2013 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antoine (Post 79299)
That is for the rest of us - we need it to deal with your formatting!

A.

:) Simply the results of unemployment. tooooo much time on my hands :)

What I was really asking was if there was any added benefit outside the measly 125 turns of nourishment.

Nick April 25, 2013 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by OOD Town drunk (Post 79300)
What I was really asking was if there was any added benefit outside the measly 125 turns of nourishment.

Benefit? Maybe...

Timo Pietilš April 25, 2013 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OOD Town drunk (Post 79288)
PURPOSE: I tend to have a whole lot of little questions here and there, and have been posting new threads each time I have one, so on some excellent advice from one, Pete Mack,
I have now started: Dan's OFFICIAL Angband Question Thread!

DISCLAIMER: I may sneak game development suggestions or requests in here or there, get over it. ;) Unless you don't want to. Totally your call. Also, I tend to typetalk in a fashion similar to how I mouthtalk. Which tends to be highly erratic and facetious. Also comical if you have a dry sense of humor. I think I am hilarious, however, you are entitled to your thoughts and opinions. Also, I am a straight man who loves the rainbow :)

also I find lots of minor bugs and typos. expect those as well

NOW FELLOW ANGBANDIANS, RIDDLE ME THIS:

Can't read, looks like advertisment of pron. Written while drunk?

OOD Town drunk April 25, 2013 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš (Post 79312)
Can't read, looks like advertisment of pron. Written while drunk?

Haha close, I was flying on red bull this afternoon and had just discovered the colors and such. :)