Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Animeband - The worst variant ever (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=49)

ehuangsan June 9, 2007 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaethon_h (Post 943)
Angband just prints each individual statusline item in a predetermined fixed location. It'll be changing soon, though, to one which lists all effects from left to right whenever a redraw is required.

Weird, I thought that the XAngband messaging system (which I stole and added to Animeband) did something similar to this.

If not, this would've been the way I would've done it.

phaethon_h June 10, 2007 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehuangsan (Post 952)
Weird, I thought that the XAngband messaging system (which I stole and added to Animeband) did something similar to this.

If not, this would've been the way I would've done it.

(a) that wasn't me you quoted :P
(b) it looks like a case of mixed code. Old angband statusbar conflicts with the XAngband statusbar you jacked. XAngband-style does not have the differing levels of hunger, but the non-X does... so... well... you probably get the conflict at this point.

phaethon_h June 27, 2007 00:03

btw, how do I *get* to the train station?

ehuangsan June 27, 2007 06:24

Choose quest mode and go to the train station in the upper left hand corner. Yeah, the train station interface needs to be changed too; make it more like a town or something.

phaethon_h June 27, 2007 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehuangsan (Post 1212)
Choose quest mode and go to the train station in the upper left hand corner. Yeah, the train station interface needs to be changed too; make it more like a town or something.

Holy cow. NOW I see the problem.

EDIT: and the problem is now fixed in svn.

ehuangsan September 3, 2007 02:23

How's the "too_much_junk" idiocy going?

p_ouji January 16, 2008 05:31

Some stuff of note.

Ninja Transform spell breaks when target is an invisible adjacent monster. PC w/o SeeInvis mimics invisible KiriKiriMai and ends up with -95 speed and the KKM kills her.

Original rooms force "Special" level feelings, including Cats Eye pits, grocery, and original vaults. Extremely annoying and kills the value of Preserve Off.

Haven't bothered with TMJ recently. Seems only the highest level Wyrms drop objects. It would by a good idea to at least force uniques to drop objects. With TMJ on.

ehuangsan January 17, 2008 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_ouji (Post 4886)
Ninja Transform spell breaks when target is an invisible adjacent monster. PC w/o SeeInvis mimics invisible KiriKiriMai and ends up with -95 speed and the KKM kills her.

Wow. I can't even fathom why that would happen. :confused:

konijn_ January 17, 2008 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehuangsan (Post 4898)
Wow. I can't even fathom why that would happen. :confused:

I would imagine that the speed bonus wrapped around for the player ? So becoming bigger than max and becoming negative.

T.

Therem Harth January 19, 2008 01:37

Another compile error, in the current version (not the alpha):

Code:

store.c:4502: error: static declaration of ‘store_request_item’ follows non-static declaration
externs.h:681: error: previous declaration of ‘store_request_item’ was here
store.c:4672: error: static declaration of ‘store_ego_item’ follows non-static declaration
externs.h:682: error: previous declaration of ‘store_ego_item’ was here
store.c:4780: error: static declaration of ‘is_egoable’ follows non-static declaration
externs.h:683: error: previous declaration of ‘is_egoable’ was here
make[1]: *** [store.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/proteus/Animeband0591src/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Just thought you ought to know.