Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

Chud May 15, 2020 07:46

Do the latest nightlies include the latest changes to the evolving Blackguard? Or is that a separate branch?

Nick May 15, 2020 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chud (Post 145483)
Do the latest nightlies include the latest changes to the evolving Blackguard? Or is that a separate branch?

Yep, they're all in the nightlies. There should be another small update over the weekend, too - David's original plan was for their detection spell to be for monsters which can be frightened, and I've implemented that in my dev version.

moosferatu May 15, 2020 14:20

1 Attachment(s)
When you hit 'r' on a stack of items, is it supposed to list all of the items in the stack? I did this last night on a stack of two items (wand and silver). It listed the wand and had a line for the sliver, but the text was empty. I had just drank a !enlightenment, so I assume @ should have known it was silver.

DavidMedley May 15, 2020 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 145484)
Yep, they're all in the nightlies. There should be another small update over the weekend, too - David's original plan was for their detection spell to be for monsters which can be frightened, and I've implemented that in my dev version.

Hmm that should be interesting. I had semi-repented that choice because I started to think it would miss too many crucial enemies. But it'll make the BG more distinct...!

Nick May 15, 2020 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosferatu (Post 145496)
When you hit 'r' on a stack of items, is it supposed to list all of the items in the stack? I did this last night on a stack of two items (wand and silver). It listed the wand and had a line for the sliver, but the text was empty. I had just drank a !enlightenment, so I assume @ should have known it was silver.

Nice find! This bug has been in existence for a long time, certainly since before my time as maintainer. The problem is actually that money is not given a colour to be printed in in object lists (because it never appears, I guess - right?), so it is printed in black on a black background.

Fixed in development :)

moosferatu May 15, 2020 15:35

Great!

Tangentially related, it is annoying when a monster obscures items that you've detected. For example, detect treasure then detect life and, if a monster is in the same location as an item, only the monster's symbol is displayed. It would be wonderful if there was a way to toggle between giving display preference to monsters or items, or maybe there already is? If there isn't, I'm guessing this is easier said than done.

DavidMedley May 15, 2020 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMedley (Post 145497)
Hmm that should be interesting. I had semi-repented that choice because I started to think it would miss too many crucial enemies. But it'll make the BG more distinct...!

I'll post some more about this in the BG thread
http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=145479

DavidMedley May 15, 2020 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMedley (Post 145497)

After looking at this change closely, I think it'll be really good actually.

Grotug May 16, 2020 23:11

For Forced Descent games would it be a good idea to convert up staircases to down staircases? As an almost exclusively forced descent player this would be sooo nice.

Nick May 17, 2020 07:07

New builds are now up on the nightlies page and angband.live with the following changes:
  • Fix for bug where repeated reading of scrolls of Identify Rune to no effect was possible
  • Blackguards' detect living monsters change to detect monsters which can be scared
  • Make copying monster.txt to lore.txt work again
  • Drop grid target after a monster gets teleported (or is otherwise out of LoS)
  • Adjust throwing damage so that shots/pebbles are less OP
  • Adjust break percentage back up for shots/pebbles
  • Adjust critical hit rate for O-combat
  • Allow gold objects to appear in floor lists
  • Make more projection effects wake monsters, and add a line in projection.txt governing (most of) this
  • Assert stairs are placed when asked for (#4243)
  • Fix some address errors (thanks Kusunose)
  • Fix crash after incorrect cleanup from killing a mimic (thanks backwardsEric)