Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

DavidMedley May 27, 2020 23:07

I thought town doors were already different

Nick May 27, 2020 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by spara (Post 145885)
Nice. You'll most probably also want to change doors to match the dark walls.
Code:

# closed door
feat:closed door:*:0x9A:0xCE

# open door
feat:open door:*:0x9A:0xCF

# broken door
feat:broken door:*:0x9A:0xD0

Thanks - I had trouble finding the right doors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spara (Post 145885)
Also the town doors don't match the buildings, but there's not much to be done there. Unless the town buildings could be mapped to use special tiles. In this case the wall tile from the light version could be used or if you switch the town doors to the new gray versions, then the wall tile from there could be used. Might work better in the dark theme.

Shop doors have the problem that there is only one of each and no variation for light, but there is a version of them I can use which is grey not brown.

Ingwe Ingweron May 28, 2020 00:52

One of the changes, I guess a couple nightlies ago, was to the operation of "r"eading scrolls. Possibly there was an unintended consequence, or perhaps it was intended. When reading a stack of Enchant scrolls, one used to be able to "repeat" the read command and choose another item. Now, "repeat" instantly applies to the same item as chosen before. After playing a bit to give the change a chance, I've got to say, I think this consequence of not getting to choose a new item is less than desirable.

Nick May 28, 2020 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 145892)
One of the changes, I guess a couple nightlies ago, was to the operation of "r"eading scrolls. Possibly there was an unintended consequence, or perhaps it was intended. When reading a stack of Enchant scrolls, one used to be able to "repeat" the read command and choose another item. Now, "repeat" instantly applies to the same item as chosen before. After playing a bit to give the change a chance, I've got to say, I think this consequence of not getting to choose a new item is less than desirable.

This was intended, and it's a reversion to the former behaviour that was broken a while ago. IMHO it's in the spirit of the repeat command, which means do exactly the same thing again (as much as is possible). So if you want to keep on enchanting the same thing with the same stack of scrolls, you repeat. If you want to change that in some way, you issue a new command. This is how it works with shooting - repeat will fire the same ammo at the same monster, and only prompt if the ammo has run out or the monster is dead/out of sight.

DavidMedley May 28, 2020 02:41

I support the "repeat as much as possible" approach.

Ingwe Ingweron May 28, 2020 03:19

Ok. I guess it will just take awhile longer to retrain my muscle memory.

spara May 28, 2020 14:01

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 145887)
Shop doors have the problem that there is only one of each and no variation for light, but there is a version of them I can use which is grey not brown.

For some reason there's only one variant of light for all doors in Shockbolt tiles. The set would definitely benefit from variation in lighting.

About the shop doors, the grey version is definitely better. What I meant was that if it was possible to configure the shops to use some other tile than permanent wall tile, the shops could be made to match the tiles available.

Easier to see again from images:

Grey door tile:
Attachment 1839

Grey door tile with matching wall tile:
Attachment 1840

Edit: Then again, maybe it's just easier to use new gray permanent wall tile in the dark set:
Code:

# permanent wall
feat:permanent wall:torch:0x98:0xEE
feat:permanent wall:los:0x98:0xEF
feat:permanent wall:lit:0x98:0xF0
feat:permanent wall:dark:0x98:0xF1

spara May 29, 2020 08:41

The Iron Shots still cost 3 gold. Is that intentional?

Nick May 29, 2020 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by spara (Post 145910)
The Iron Shots still cost 3 gold. Is that intentional?

Yes, they still have the THROWING flag which makes them better for throwing than arrows or bolts, just not as much better as they were.

DavidMedley May 30, 2020 02:02

There's this new thing (I think) where you sort enemies by XP. What, then, is the default sort?