Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.salmiak released (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10152)

Bostock May 10, 2022 12:09

Human transform for doppelgangers is oldhuman
 
A CL35+ doppelganger transformed into a human does not get a human weakness. Not sure if WAI or bug.

Note: this is in Salmiak. Haven't tested in Nightly.

Bostock May 11, 2022 08:10

Putting on a ring with slaying maluses triggers the "do you want to switch fingers so you can... benefit... from these... maluses" message :)

Thraalbee June 8, 2022 22:00

Corrupt savefile solution?
 
I got a 3-4 program crashes [Salmiak] when drops were generated after a kill. Eventually one of these led to a broken savefile. Ideas on how to solve?
I can start all over of course, but my level 41 snotling skillmaster was doing so well so it is a bit of a pain.

Sideways June 9, 2022 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraalbee (Post 158653)
I got a 3-4 program crashes [Salmiak] when drops were generated after a kill. Eventually one of these led to a broken savefile. Ideas on how to solve?
I can start all over of course, but my level 41 snotling skillmaster was doing so well so it is a bit of a pain.

If it were just the crashes it would most likely get fixed simply by upgrading to nightly; but a broken savefile will (probably) be more complicated.

Is the savefile small enough to attach here when zipped? I can't promise I can fix it, but I could give it a look tomorrow. (Any successful fix would still require upgrading to nightly afterwards, though.)

Thraalbee June 9, 2022 07:28

Thanks! It is too big though, so I'll restart after downloading the nightly. Snotlings level up very fast and even if Glaurung does not drop his helm this time I'll find something else nice. Again, thanks for all the work on this great variant!


[EDIT] Where do I find the nightly?

Sideways June 9, 2022 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraalbee (Post 158655)
Thanks! It is too big though, so I'll restart after downloading the nightly. Snotlings level up very fast and even if Glaurung does not drop his helm this time I'll find something else nice. Again, thanks for all the work on this great variant!

[EDIT] Where do I find the nightly?

https://github.com/sulkasormi/frogco...ads/master.zip

You'll need to compile it though, if that's a problem you can also find it on angband.live.

Thraalbee June 10, 2022 17:24

Hunted by a Caaws!
 
I was just followed around by a Caaws in a watery room. Never experienced that before and the description says Stationary. What is going on here?

Sideways June 11, 2022 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraalbee (Post 158675)
I was just followed around by a Caaws in a watery room. Never experienced that before and the description says Stationary. What is going on here?

Probably a tanuki (as a couple of people commented on angband.live).

Thraalbee June 11, 2022 14:17

putting the cursor on it and reading the lore said Caaws with expected stats and imunities but it was only mildly annoying

budswell August 9, 2022 18:10

Question about playing as a ring. I had a death/hell knight as a mount, and he had some summons which I kept for ages:
- a troll who ended up a storm troll (had him since whatever was before Troll King)
- and ethereal dragon

The hell knight threw me off. Once I got him back the troll was a pet again, but the dragon was not. Probably related the troll came with me on recalls, any others did not.

Does anyone know what the difference was? All I can think is maybe I had "ridden" the the troll at some stage but not the dragon. Would that make a difference?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.