Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FAangband 2.0beta (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10172)

Gauss September 22, 2020 10:31

I haven't been online for months now but i would like to know what's the current state of FirstAgeAngband. Is it stable? Last time i remember playing iwas ok but a few bugs here and there.

Nick September 22, 2020 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gauss (Post 148485)
I haven't been online for months now but i would like to know what's the current state of FirstAgeAngband. Is it stable? Last time i remember playing iwas ok but a few bugs here and there.

It still has some bugs, but less. I don't think there are many (if any) that cause crashes now, and the balance is mostly OK. There are some problems with hybrid dungeon mode still.

Sphara September 26, 2020 19:55

What's wrong with throwing in FAngband? I started a druadan warrior in angband.live, took Mighty Throw specialty at the beginning and was lucky enough to find some enchanted spears and throwing axes of shocking. But they do miss all the time. I don't think I've gotten one hit in and I've tried again and again. Bows work normally.

Character is leveled up to CL 21 and has 18/100 something STR and 13 DEX. Axes are supposed to do about 80 dmg but this way, they're useless. Well not completely useless, one of those axes currently serves as my melee weapon.

Nick September 26, 2020 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 148550)
What's wrong with throwing in FAngband? I started a druadan warrior in angband.live, took Mighty Throw specialty at the beginning and was lucky enough to find some enchanted spears and throwing axes of shocking. But they do miss all the time. I don't think I've gotten one hit in and I've tried again and again. Bows work normally.

Character is leveled up to CL 21 and has 18/100 something STR and 13 DEX. Axes are supposed to do about 80 dmg but this way, they're useless. Well not completely useless, one of those axes currently serves as my melee weapon.

That's the nightly beta, right, not 1.4.4?

Sphara September 26, 2020 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 148552)
That's the nightly beta, right, not 1.4.4?

In angband.live, I cannot choose the version to play. It's 1.4.4 by default.
In character dump the version is not shown at all, except in the file text:

https://angband.live/SPHARAGAIN/faan...yDruadandy.txt

Nick September 27, 2020 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 148553)
In angband.live, I cannot choose the version to play. It's 1.4.4 by default.
In character dump the version is not shown at all, except in the file text:

https://angband.live/SPHARAGAIN/faan...yDruadandy.txt

Ah, OK (the 2.0 beta is if you select firstageangband).

The answer is that in 1.4.4 only assassins and (to a lesser extent) rogues are any good at throwing in the early game. Warriors will get better later.

Sphara September 27, 2020 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 148555)
Ah, OK (the 2.0 beta is if you select firstageangband).

The answer is that in 1.4.4 only assassins and (to a lesser extent) rogues are any good at throwing in the early game. Warriors will get better later.

Thanks.

To me, it was a transparent mechanic. Or I just assumed because I did not read warrior class description. Is the 'gets better later' mentioned there? Throwing matters greatly in the early game (if it is effective) and I would've never chosen Throwing bonuses for starting skill, had I known this.

From your answer, I take it that this is somehow fixed in 2.0.dev-version?

Nick September 27, 2020 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 148558)
From your answer, I take it that this is somehow fixed in 2.0.dev-version?

Possibly. If not, complain :)

clouded September 27, 2020 07:55

I think throwing was actually bugged in 1.4.4 and didn't work, compared to my experience of O.

wobbly September 27, 2020 09:04

I have never had a throwing weapon hit in FA 1.4.4, if its the same code copied its probably bugged. I'll try with a rogue in 2.0 later.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.