Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Least Favorite Monster (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=1798)

Mondkalb May 1, 2009 16:55

Too late! ;)

Dragonboneman May 1, 2009 17:24

Gothmog is my most hated unique - he's killed two of my most promising characters.

Fenrir May 3, 2009 22:37

You know, I'm surprised nobody has even mentioned Morgoth.

Donald Jonker May 3, 2009 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenrir (Post 18563)
You know, I'm surprised nobody has even mentioned Morgoth.

He's the only monster that anyone actually wants to kill. Except maybe Wormtongue. Everyone else is just an obstacle.

He is an ---hole, though, no doubt about it. Killed the hell out of me the only time I fought him, 'cept in Tinyband.

Dragonboneman May 3, 2009 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald Jonker (Post 18564)
He's the only monster that anyone actually wants to kill. Except maybe Wormtongue.

And Sauron. The thing with the "bosses" is you shouldn't be taken by surprise - you KNOW which levels they are on, and can prepare accordingly.

Fenrir May 4, 2009 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonboneman (Post 18565)
And Sauron. The thing with the "bosses" is you shouldn't be taken by surprise - you KNOW which levels they are on, and can prepare accordingly.

Except that with the bug in the current version, you don't have to kill Sauron and you can keep going way past 100 if you want ;)

Donald Jonker May 4, 2009 22:00

After playing awhile on the current comp (Steamband), White Fang is rising pretty high on my list... like an uber version of the Maggot dogs.

buzzkill May 5, 2009 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald Jonker (Post 18609)
After playing awhile on the current comp (Steamband), White Fang is rising pretty high on my list... like an uber version of the Maggot dogs.

Have you had the pleasure of Spring Heeled Jack's company?

He dusted my 'best ever' practice character, in a single turn, just when I was beginning to build a little confidence. Somewhere about DL45. He breathed. I died. 100+ damage (even with 40% resistance).

Nick May 5, 2009 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzkill (Post 18613)
He dusted my 'best ever' practice character, in a single turn, just when I was beginning to build a little confidence. Somewhere about DL45. He breathed. I died. 100+ damage (even with 40% resistance).

Advance warning - the Marquis de la Tour and the Queen of Hearts both deal out massive single round damage. Approach with caution.

buzzkill May 5, 2009 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 18616)
Advance warning - the Marquis de la Tour and the Queen of Hearts both deal out massive single round damage. Approach with caution.

No warning necessary. I learned my lesson. I approach the Four of Hearts with caution.