Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Monster Pit? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9386)

Sparrow the Dunadan April 17, 2019 12:47

Monster Pit?
 
2 Attachment(s)
Okay so I found a monster pit, but wanted to know what sort of pit it is. It's lined with rubble, both passable, and unpassable on at least one side.

Grotug April 17, 2019 15:49

For some reason image attachments on this site are blurry when I view them, so I am not able to offer any help. :(

Sparrow the Dunadan April 17, 2019 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grotug (Post 137791)
For some reason image attachments on this site are blurry when I view them, so I am not able to offer any help. :(

Yeah for some reason they are weird on mine as well. :/

I explored it, I seems like a regular pit with a 1x2 rooms in the corners. It was just weird that it was lined in rubble.

takkaria April 17, 2019 21:09

The forum resizes the image files when they are uploaded so they take up less space... the software dates to a different era when image file sizes mattered. So, you need to find a different way to share them! imgur is one way though

Pete Mack April 17, 2019 22:55

Another way is with the screenshot facility in angband and on this site! By far the best way, so long as you are just showing a map with no messages. ')' command. Choose html type. File will show up in user directory along with the charcter dumps.

Sparrow the Dunadan April 25, 2019 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 137802)
Another way is with the screenshot facility in angband and on this site! By far the best way, so long as you are just showing a map with no messages. ')' command. Choose html type. File will show up in user directory along with the charcter dumps.


Unfortunately I'm not that competent when it comes to tech language, so I have no idea what you said, or how to perform such an action safely and securely.

Sparrow the Dunadan April 25, 2019 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by takkaria (Post 137800)
The forum resizes the image files when they are uploaded so they take up less space... the software dates to a different era when image file sizes mattered. So, you need to find a different way to share them! imgur is one way though


Well that's super annoying! I mean it sort of makes sense, but still...

Sorry I don't have a Imgur acct, nor do I feel like making one just to post screenshots. I guess I won't bother with visual requirement asks in the future. :/

Pete Mack April 25, 2019 13:20

Sparrow: it isn't technical in the least. Screen dump is a command in angband. The other is a tab just below the title of this web page. At least try it before you assume it is difficult!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow the Dunadan (Post 138010)
Unfortunately I'm not that competent when it comes to tech language, so I have no idea what you said, or how to perform such an action safely and securely.


Gwarl April 25, 2019 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow the Dunadan (Post 138010)
Unfortunately I'm not that competent when it comes to tech language, so I have no idea what you said, or how to perform such an action safely and securely.

While playing angband, press ')'

You will be prompted to enter a filename. Choose one that ends in .html

Use the native windows app 'file explorer' to navigate to the folder containing angband. Open the lib folder, then the user folder, and the file you just named will be listed there.

You can then upload it to the site as a screenshot, by clicking the 'Screenshots' tab a few inches above this post and following instructions.

Nothing that could be termed a safety concern or a security concern arises at any step during this process.

Gwarl April 25, 2019 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow the Dunadan (Post 138011)
Well that's super annoying! I mean it sort of makes sense, but still...

Sorry I don't have a Imgur acct, nor do I feel like making one just to post screenshots. I guess I won't bother with visual requirement asks in the future. :/

While not being bothered to post screenshots is absoloutely your right, I believe imgur was suggested specifically because it allows image uploads without requiring account registration. Just fyi


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.