Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   (Portralis)I can't advance after level 2 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10178)

it_master July 21, 2020 21:01

(Portralis)I can't advance after level 2
 
So, I got myself interested into Portralis due to the deep class fusing system, as well as the RPG elements that came with it.

I created a character, which I plan to go for a shadowmancer assassin with time travelling powers (because why not), and I stepped into the world. Everything went smoothly up until I got to the point when I got into level 2, that's when things just got stuck.

I can't gain any more experience, and thus I can't literally fight with virtually anyone except rats of all things. Even after how many rats I kill, I can't gain any more experience.

I have already placed in the levels in both the base stats as well as the skills, and I have learned all the new abilities. I am completely at a loss as to what went wrong here.

Does anybody got an idea as to a way to fix this? Seriously, I like this game, but that bug just bugged me off. (Pardon the pun)

it_master July 25, 2020 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by it_master (Post 147327)
So, I got myself interested into Portralis due to the deep class fusing system, as well as the RPG elements that came with it.

I created a character, which I plan to go for a shadowmancer assassin with time travelling powers (because why not), and I stepped into the world. Everything went smoothly up until I got to the point when I got into level 2, that's when things just got stuck.

I can't gain any more experience, and thus I can't literally fight with virtually anyone except rats of all things. Even after how many rats I kill, I can't gain any more experience.

I have already placed in the levels in both the base stats as well as the skills, and I have learned all the new abilities. I am completely at a loss as to what went wrong here.

Does anybody got an idea as to a way to fix this? Seriously, I like this game, but that bug just bugged me off. (Pardon the pun)

Well, I think I found a fix for it, it's apparently a compatibility issue. A simple switch to compatibility mode to windows 7 will do.

Avenger August 13, 2020 23:44

Woah.

Is Portralis still a thing, or are you just now discovering it?

I remember playing it years ago, and it was indeed in interesting and unique variant, but I thought the developer had abandoned it long ago.

I'm glad you solved the issue you were experiencing - and now I'm off to check out the Portralis forums and see if it's back.

invisibletroll August 23, 2020 21:45

I might have played Portralis about 200 years ago. Provide me a link. :cool:

CyclopsSlayer August 23, 2020 22:07

As I recall, it was easy to get a massive damage output, and also easy to find foes with damage reflection in Portalis.

EpicMan August 24, 2020 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by invisibletroll (Post 147982)
I might have played Portralis about 200 years ago. Provide me a link. :cool:

Source code is here: http://www.zaimoni.com/zaiband/Angband.ref/Portralis/

Offical (but dead) forums are here: https://variaz.proboards.com/ but the download links are broken. You might be able to find working versions on internet archive.

invisibletroll August 24, 2020 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicMan (Post 147996)
Source code is here: http://www.zaimoni.com/zaiband/Angband.ref/Portralis/

Offical (but dead) forums are here: https://variaz.proboards.com/ but the download links are broken. You might be able to find working versions on internet archive.

It compiles and creates 8 terminal screens. I can't exit the introduction screen with Esc. :rolleyes:

invisibletroll August 25, 2020 15:07

Portralis doesn't look familiar to me. :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.