Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post-4.2.1 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10114)

Nick June 22, 2020 02:55

Current master post-4.2.1

Yes, we're into bugfixing 4.2.1 now. New builds are up on the nightlies page and (failed to build, investigating, macOS version here) angband.live (source is here) with the following changes:
  • A little optimisation to reduce resting time; I'm still looking into game slowdown
  • Fix of a longstanding bug in equipment curses by David Medley
  • CMake support (for Linux only at the moment) by Joan Andrés
  • Fix to a lookup error by Kusunose
  • Added tile for mithril bolt by Cuboideb
  • Fixes to documentation building by Stefan Strogin

PowerWyrm June 23, 2020 14:58

Ok a funny bug I discovered while playing my variant that I managed to reproduce in current V. Here's how to reproduce it:
- get two stacks of identical items in the inventory (this is very easy to attain with scrolls of Phase Door): for example, a) 40 scrolls of Phase Door and b) 10 scrolls of Phase Door
- read one scroll from pile a)
- result: message "You have 39 scrolls of phase door (a)" but when you look at your inventory, you have in fact a) 40 scrolls of Phase Door and b) 9 scrolls of Phase Door
- repeating the operation depletes stack b) even if you read from stack a)

I suppose it's because pack is reordered so the 39+10 scrolls become 40+9, but it feels like you read from wrong pile.

DavidMedley June 23, 2020 17:10

OK cool I really want to fix a bug in Leap into Battle.

Side note: I like the name except for the fact that I used this spell to give a sometimes advantageous number of blows when adjacent. That's why I switched from my original title to something more vague. To put in another way, is Leap into Battle a misnomer if you're already adjacent, and is that a problem?

archolewa June 23, 2020 17:53

Leap into Battle seems like a fine name to me. The spells primary purpose is in closing the gap, so I think having a name that communicates its primary purpose is important.

Especially since, so far as Im aware (though I haven't played Nature or Necromancer), this is the only gap closer in Angband. Most classes either keep their distance, lure enemies to them, or stay still and pound an advancing enemy with range attacks.

Closing the gap is rare enough in Angband, that I think emphasizing it is a good idea.

DavidMedley June 23, 2020 18:08

Necromancers have a somewhat similar spell, but I appreciate your comments. Thanks!

MattB June 23, 2020 23:14

Distressingly, thus far this version is upsettingly devoid of bugs...

Sphara June 24, 2020 07:45

Why player cannot access equipment information to check the melee damage while in shapeshifted form? You can check it by dropping the weapon on the floor, being in form and by looking at it. Or count it from 'C'haracter sheet.

Nick June 24, 2020 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 146461)
Why player cannot access equipment information to check the melee damage while in shapeshifted form? You can check it by dropping the weapon on the floor, being in form and by looking at it. Or count it from 'C'haracter sheet.

'I'nspect command should work, I think.

Sphara June 24, 2020 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 146462)
'I'nspect command should work, I think.

Yeah, it does. Thanks. I've just never used 'I' command.

Btw: Fox Form is free ticket to start the game as CL2. Human Druid learning it first and casting it in town, will level up.

wobbly June 25, 2020 19:10

I'm still finding the bloated clock super annoying. I mean if you drink a potion of slowness, that lasts for what 16-40 turns. If you drink a potion of slime mold juice that lasts for what 1000 turns?? My necromancer is ending up slowed even with regen & not actually eating. He's on a blood only diet & that clock still ticks up quicker then it goes down. If you cycle power sacrifice & vampire strike it just goes through the roof very quickly & never really comes down.