Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wishlist and bug (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=2575)

Lord Tom December 5, 2009 03:54

Wishlist and bug
 
I just played through the 1626 beta (a warrior winner...yay) and wrote down some things I noticed along the way. Apologies if some are no longer relevant to the current nightlies:

This, I think, qualifies as a bug:

###
@#D
.#.
...

In a vault, where # is a permanent wall and D is a Death Drake, the drake stayed tucked around the corner from me, instead of pathfinding 2 steps south and breathing nether all over me. Monsters that pass through walls should use their own variant of path-finding which only acknowledges perm-walls as obstacles, rather than just naively running straight at the player and getting stuck in situations like this.

The rest are more "why not..."
-have the HP warning default to on at, say, 30%
-jelly pits are really annoying and should not contribute to level feelings
-defenders are waaaaaaaay over-valued in stores. They don't provide offense, and the defense they provide is too widely available to justify such high pricing (or really using one at all). Perhaps if they had rPoison?
-branding rings -- no separate "Your ring sizzles!" message w/ each hit!
-warriors should get a bonus in the blows formula that lets them get 6 hits with any weapon other classes can get 5 with. It seems silly that a warrior can do more damage with a Zwiehander (6 hits) than other classes, but not with a Scythe of Slicing (5 hits).
-basilisks breathe gas...should they get rPoison?

Marble Dice December 5, 2009 20:34

I'd say that's definitely a pass wall bug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Tom (Post 26677)
-have the HP warning default to on at, say, 30%
-basilisks breathe gas...should they get rPoison?

I agree to the first one, the second one was probably just an oversight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Tom (Post 26677)
-defenders are waaaaaaaay over-valued in stores. They don't provide offense, and the defense they provide is too widely available to justify such high pricing (or really using one at all). Perhaps if they had rPoison?

I love defenders on mages, and sometimes on rangers or priests depending on the timing of the find. Magnate might adjust their power rating when he gets around to slot-specific power levels?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Tom (Post 26677)
-branding rings -- no separate "Your ring sizzles!" message w/ each hit!

I play with auto-more and a messages window, but that's because excessively spacing through -more- prompts is pretty annoying.

Magnate December 5, 2009 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marble Dice (Post 26706)
I love defenders on mages, and sometimes on rangers or priests depending on the timing of the find. Magnate might adjust their power rating when he gets around to slot-specific power levels?

Funnily enough, I spent quite a long time making sure Defenders weren't too cheap, back when power-based pricing came in. Defenders are pretty good for classes who can kill with spells or archery - but of course everything in this game is interconnected, so rebalancing archery damage will reduce their value, and rebalancing spell damage will increase it ...

I'm not currently sure that Defenders ought to reduce in value from slot-dependent power, but I might change my mind ...
Quote:

I play with auto-more and a messages window, but that's because excessively spacing through -more- prompts is pretty annoying.
I too got annoyed by the ring messages, and fixed them in r1800 so that they just show up once (when you first notice the effect, i.e. when you first wield the item).


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.