Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New nightly up on angband.live (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8533)

Gwarl September 4, 2017 09:04

New nightly up on angband.live

In case anyone didn't know, the latest development version of Angband is available to play on http://angband.live/

I'll be trying to keep up with new builds as they come out, and looking to automate that process before long.

Bostock September 4, 2017 12:23

Is it savefile-compatible with the previous version?

Nick September 4, 2017 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostock (Post 123678)
Is it savefile-compatible with the previous version?

Yes; everything going into the master branch for now will be heading for 4.1.1, and the plan is for all 4.1.x releases to be savefile compatible.

Gwarl September 4, 2017 16:16

You'll get a seperate savefile for the development branch. Both stable and development versions will be available; the development version will be replaced as it gets updated.

Ingwe Ingweron September 8, 2017 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 123684)
You'll get a seperate savefile for the development branch. Both stable and development versions will be available; the development version will be replaced as it gets updated.

Gwarl, assuming Nick has a solution to my savefile, any way you can move it to the nightly development branch for my continued play? Originally, weren't you updating the "stable" version with nightlies anyway, so it isn't actually the same as the 4.1.0 download?

Gwarl September 8, 2017 13:39

I was keeping up with the dev versions until 4.1.0 came out. I've left 4.1.0 where it is and added the new nightly as a seperate game in the list. I'll be overwriting the dev version as new builds come out, but 4.1.0 will stay on the list until 4.1.1

I'll copy your savefile over to the development version.

Nick September 8, 2017 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 123812)
Gwarl, assuming Nick has a solution to my savefile, any way you can move it to the nightly development branch for my continued play? Originally, weren't you updating the "stable" version with nightlies anyway, so it isn't actually the same as the 4.1.0 download?

Have just checked this, and it's basically the same bug as the "single staircase + vault level and try to phase" bug - @ is in a vault which is the only room on the level, so nothing can teleport (as teleporting into vaults isn't allowed). In the dev version these levels are (I believe) no longer possible, and also teleport will return with an error rather than hanging the game.

Ingwe Ingweron September 8, 2017 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 123817)
Have just checked this, and it's basically the same bug as the "single staircase + vault level and try to phase" bug - @ is in a vault which is the only room on the level, so nothing can teleport (as teleporting into vaults isn't allowed). In the dev version these levels are (I believe) no longer possible, and also teleport will return with an error rather than hanging the game.

Not sure I follow. I thought that bug was about teleport self. Here, @ is trying to TO. In any event, after Gwarl moved the savefile to the development version, @ was able to successfully TO the shimmering vortex on the 1st try. Not that it matters much... he's still in a mess of hot water with a ton of other vortices and elementals, all awake in some special thematic cavern, and no stairs in sight....

Nick September 9, 2017 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 123832)
Not sure I follow. I thought that bug was about teleport self. Here, @ is trying to TO.

It was, but it applies here too, because teleporting the player away and teleporting a monster away both use the same code to find a grid for it to land.

Gwarl September 25, 2017 11:01

Updated with today's build.