Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

Nick April 19, 2020 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfy (Post 144712)
Great Earth Elemental is missing the # of hit-points?

No, spell frequency.

I noticed it is recorded as 0 hp too - that looks a bit silly, I guess, but it happens because they can't actually be generated, only shapechanged into.

Ingwe Ingweron April 19, 2020 07:52

Just bought some plain old Iron Shots at the store, and they don't combine with the plain iron shots picked up from the dungeon floor. Nothing unknown about them. No difference in their damage. But they are taking up two slots in the quiver instead of only one. A new bug introduced by recent quiver changes?

Nick April 19, 2020 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 144714)
Just bought some plain old Iron Shots at the store, and they don't combine with the plain iron shots picked up from the dungeon floor. Nothing unknown about them. No difference in their damage. But they are taking up two slots in the quiver instead of only one. A new bug introduced by recent quiver changes?

Yes and no, or rather no and yes. Not a bug, but was introduced by shots and pebbles now getting the THROWING flag. So newly created shots (with THROWING) will not stack with ones created before the change (without THROWING). Once you get rid of all your old shots, the problem will be gone.

Kind of like Apple getting rid of the headphone jack :D

DavidMedley April 19, 2020 11:49

Interesting:
Quote:

Narthanc
Average damage/round: 25.3 vs. creatures not resistant to fire, and 19.4 vs. others.
Average thrown damage: 43.9 vs. creatures not resistant to fire, and 14.6 vs. others.
Why is the fire brand so great when throwing?

wobbly April 19, 2020 12:16

That looks like it's tripling all bonuses instead of just the damage dice. Don't know if it's intended.

PowerWyrm April 19, 2020 14:14

The big problem I have with latest version is that it's almost impossible to play without being Full all the time. As soon as you quaff a few CSW potions you're at 95% satiation and it takes forever to go away.

Darin April 19, 2020 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWyrm (Post 144725)
The big problem I have with latest version is that it's almost impossible to play without being Full all the time. As soon as you quaff a few CSW potions you're at 95% satiation and it takes forever to go away.

My "solution" to this has been to target 70-75% fed as "full". Even then it feels like I have to watch my potion usage. Which seems kinda stupid in a game where one doesn't have to worry at all about other bodily functions.

wobbly April 19, 2020 16:43

What annoys me is a whole bunch of good artifacts have slow digestion presumably for no other reason then it being a free "something" & slow digestion was massively ramped up because it's not worth having, so there's a whole bunch of nice artifacts with the unremovable slow digestion curse now.

Diego Gonzalez April 19, 2020 20:51

Google reports crashes in this two lines:

mon-lore.c:1666:23 (called from mon-util.c:941:30 after killing a monster)
return &l_list[race->ridx];

mon-attack.c:509:57
bool visible = monster_is_visible(mon) || (mon->race->light > 0);

It seems that some monster doesn't have a proper race. Can it be a shapeshift?

The code at that time was updated to Vanilla revision de9d5e697. I dont know if it was fixed later.

Nick April 19, 2020 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diego Gonzalez (Post 144732)
Google reports crashes in this two lines:

mon-lore.c:1666:23 (called from mon-util.c:941:30 after killing a monster)
return &l_list[race->ridx];

mon-attack.c:509:57
bool visible = monster_is_visible(mon) || (mon->race->light > 0);

It seems that some monster doesn't have a proper race. Can it be a shapeshift?

The code at that time was updated to Vanilla revision de9d5e697. I dont know if it was fixed later.

It could be the crash that mrfy reported upthread (and which is now fixed in development), but it doesn't really look like it.

It does look like a malformed monster race, but it's hard to know where the problem has arisen. One of those crashes is in make_attack_normal(), which indicates it was a problem with a monster which was functional enough to be making an attack.