Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   General Store soes not buy anything (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=2562)

Philip December 2, 2009 18:14

General Store soes not buy anything
 
Well, i got a nifty lantern of brightness, and the Phial, so i go sell the lantern and it says that i have nothing to sell.

Magnate December 2, 2009 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip (Post 26510)
Well, i got a nifty lantern of brightness, and the Phial, so i go sell the lantern and it says that i have nothing to sell.

This is WAD - it was changed in 3.1.0 I think. You can only sell light sources at the black market at the moment. Bring on the stores overhaul!

Philip December 2, 2009 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 26514)
This is WAD - it was changed in 3.1.0 I think. You can only sell light sources at the black market at the moment. Bring on the stores overhaul!

I'm playing 3.1.1.1626. and can't sell shots, scrolls, or anything at all.

pav December 2, 2009 19:32

That lantern is way better than Phial, anyway.

Philip December 2, 2009 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pav (Post 26521)
That lantern is way better than Phial, anyway.

How, may i ask?

pav December 2, 2009 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip (Post 26523)
How, may i ask?

Hmm, guess I confused it with the Torch of Brightness from my last game, which is way better than ordinary Lantern.

Anyway ego lights in V sucks bigtime. Wasted slot.

Magnate December 2, 2009 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip (Post 26519)
I'm playing 3.1.1.1626. and can't sell shots, scrolls, or anything at all.

That's correct. You can't sell anything at the general store. You can sell shots, scrolls and other items at the appropriate store(s), but the only place that will buy lights is the BM.

Philip December 2, 2009 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 26530)
That's correct. You can't sell anything at the general store. You can sell shots, scrolls and other items at the appropriate store(s), but the only place that will buy lights is the BM.

One question: Why?

tummychow December 2, 2009 22:15

I also think that you should be able to sell light sources at the general store. But that's just how it is right now.
And I would beg to differ on the ego light sources. In my last game, it took really long to find the phial and I spent a while using a Lantern of Brightness; the added square of light was appreciated. But a bit more variety for the egos would be nice.

Magnate December 3, 2009 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip (Post 26532)
One question: Why?

No idea. You'd need to ask Takkaria, or whoever made the change - it was before my time.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.