Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Angband on the Nintendo DS (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=1330)

Dragonboneman January 21, 2009 19:53

It worked! :)

The directory structure on my card was indeed to blame. Moving the Angband directory to the root sorted it out. Thanks for your help, everyone.

Pete Mack January 24, 2009 01:11

Shouldn't this go on the "news" page?

Nick January 24, 2009 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 14234)
Shouldn't this go on the "news" page?

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I've submitted a news item now.

Donald Jonker January 24, 2009 14:30

Feature request:

When browsing inventory and other menus that you can scroll with the d-pad, have d-pad-right act as [return] and d-pad-left act as [esc] as in faangband port. Makes things run incredibly smoothly.

Immir January 24, 2009 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald Jonker (Post 14245)
Feature request:

When browsing inventory and other menus that you can scroll with the d-pad, have d-pad-right act as [return] and d-pad-left act as [esc] as in faangband port. Makes things run incredibly smoothly.

Good idea. Will do...

Note, I'm in the middle of transitioning the code to the latest devkitpro and libnds, which turns out to be quite a non-trivial process (but ultimately worth the effort). This'll take a little while, so don't hold your breath for an update for a week or so. [good opportunity to refactor the codebase... again...]

Michael.

Orillian January 25, 2009 18:54

Well would you look at that. :)

See what happens when a person is away for a while, I come back to Angband after about 6 months hiatus, we have a new 3.1 version and a wonderful DS port all at the same time! Woot for me.

Keep up the great work This will definitely waste many hours of work time for me! :)

Note: I have an original R4DS and a SuperCard DS1, I'll give the port a try on both a let you know what happens.

O.

Donald Jonker January 25, 2009 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orillian (Post 14279)
Note: I have an original R4DS and a SuperCard DS1, I'll give the port a try on both a let you know what happens.

To that end, Michael, it may not be a bad idea to compile a list on your site of DS carts which are guaranteed to successfully run *bands on the DS. It would probably be useful for people who get these things for the express purpose of DS banding, which I'm guessing will be more than a few.

For my part, I use a Datel Max Media Dock.

MrCba January 28, 2009 14:41

Hello,
I tried your game on a supercard ds one it works well.

I ve got some suggestion to make :
  • When, I start a new game, I can't see my character stats during rolling phase. It is the blue square, that hide this stats. Perhaps putting this square on the bottom on the screen or having the possibility to scroll
  • I ve got some problem with scrolling. I wish I could scroll using the stylus but I can't. It would be interested when zoom is activated. (Perhaps I miss how to do it)
  • Keyboard seems not very sensitive some times. For example, when starting a game, when I am witting my name.
  • And a tools to send your character to angband.ook.cz's ladder :D

But, It is a great Job. Bravo ! :)

Nolendil January 29, 2009 19:42

Awesome, just what I needed. Thanks a lot!
No problem to run it on my R4DS.

chunter February 2, 2009 17:22

small issue with screen switching

1 Attachment(s)
Great work with the ds port Immir.

Got a small issue with the screen switching. What happens is the bottom screen (map) goes to the top, and the bottom goes all strange and then back again every 3 seconds. Attached a photo to give an example.

Look forward to future updates :)
(Using a R4 DS card v1.18. And it is a DS Lite)

Thanks Christiaan