Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [FA,Un] I want me walls back !! (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=362)

Arralen November 14, 2007 07:40

[FA,Un] I want me walls back !!

.. no, it's not that all walls have vanished, but I recently tried latest UN and switched FA 0.3.0 in for 0.2.3 - and walls got switched, too:
In FA, I get "#" for walls instead of "█" now, but in UN I get the later for normal walls, while the special walls still use "#", "%" etc. .

Highly annoying ... I really liked the FA wilderness maps with real blocks of rock while in UN the graphics ;) simply don't fit ...
Is there any way to switch this (back) ?!

Nick November 14, 2007 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arralen (Post 3809)
.. no, it's not that all walls have vanished, but I recently tried latest UN and switched FA 0.3.0 in for 0.2.3 - and walls got switched, too:
In FA, I get "#" for walls instead of "█" now, but in UN I get the later for normal walls, while the special walls still use "#", "%" etc. .

In FA, you need to rename font-win.prfx to font-win.prf in lib/pref. I changed this so that vista users didn't get blank walls by default - but I probably should have publicised it more for other windows users. In Un (and in FA too, actually) if you hit '~' for knowledge and then go into feature knowledge and hit 'v' for visuals you can set the features to the appropriate thing.

andrewdoull November 14, 2007 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 3811)
In FA, you need to rename font-win.prfx to font-win.prf in lib/pref. I changed this so that vista users didn't get blank walls by default - but I probably should have publicised it more for other windows users. In Un (and in FA too, actually) if you hit '~' for knowledge and then go into feature knowledge and hit 'v' for visuals you can set the features to the appropriate thing.

I'll be restoring 'normal' walls as a part of adopting the extended fonts that Leon et al. designed.

Andrew

nobody November 15, 2007 03:34

i have to agree that #s make ugly walls to me, can't stand it

Arralen November 15, 2007 07:36

Thanks for the quick replay, both of you ;)

[UN]
Yet - is there a way to save that setting in UN ? I tried setting granite wall to "#", but saving preference does not seem to save this and I have to do it again every time I start the game .. and there are at least 3 different tiles I have to re-set, so it gets a little bit tedious :rolleyes:

[FA]
Had a quick try, works like a charm. Thanks !

Nick November 15, 2007 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arralen (Post 3826)
[UN]
Yet - is there a way to save that setting in UN ? I tried setting granite wall to "#", but saving preference does not seem to save this and I have to do it again every time I start the game .. and there are at least 3 different tiles I have to re-set, so it gets a little bit tedious :rolleyes:

You could try saving it to a pref file and then reloading that; if that's what you have already tried, you could actually go in and edit the font-win.prf file directly:

Code:

# Magma (slate / solid block)

F:50:2/127:1:A

...here the 50 is the index of the terrain (you can get this from terrain.txt in lib/edit), 2 is the colour (you can check what you want from feature knowledge) and 127 is the block character.