Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bugs and issues in 4.1.1 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8703)

Sky November 18, 2017 12:20

Bugs and issues in 4.1.1

i'm sorry if this isn't very exact, but i noticed the bug after the fact.
i sold a cursed weapon and it was a axe of westernesse, with + to DEX, STR, CON.
i then bought a ring of DEX and "you learned the rune of DEX".

surely i should have learned this rune earlier? when i inspect the weapon, i can clearly see the bonuses, plus i can see them on my stats.

the weapon still had some curses not known when i sold it.

Nick November 18, 2017 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky (Post 126237)
i'm sorry if this isn't very exact, but i noticed the bug after the fact.
i sold a cursed weapon and it was a axe of westernesse, with + to DEX, STR, CON.
i then bought a ring of DEX and "you learned the rune of DEX".

surely i should have learned this rune earlier? when i inspect the weapon, i can clearly see the bonuses, plus i can see them on my stats.

the weapon still had some curses not known when i sold it.

You learn bonuses on a weapon if you wield it, but not otherwise.

Sky November 18, 2017 15:11

well, i *did* wield it. that's how i discovered the curses.

fph November 18, 2017 20:51

And when you sell/donate an item to the shop, don't you discover its runes, too? I thought it worked that way in the new system.

Nick November 18, 2017 22:16

OK - is it possible you learn the rune of sustain DEX from the ring? Otherwise it looks like a bug.

Sky November 18, 2017 22:25

my impression with this case was that the game was trying to discover a curse which blocked me from discovering anything else.

Nick November 19, 2017 12:16

Latest builds have the new effective speed display option, and hopefully less contradictions between randart curses and other properties.

Plan is to put 4.1.2 out in a couple of weeks, so any bug reports appreciated.

Sky November 19, 2017 19:15

i wore a ring <+5> and learned the rune of digging, but still had a ring <+5> {??} despite it being not cursed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 126249)
OK - is it possible you learn the rune of sustain DEX from the ring? Otherwise it looks like a bug.

*could be*, i was not paying enough attention.

Estie November 19, 2017 19:18

Still playing the previous build, I have an amulet of wisdom <+2> {??}, when I wear it and try to attack I get the "too afraid" message but the curse doesnt show up.

Edit: But the shopkeeper smells a rat and refuses to buy it!

mrfy November 19, 2017 19:58

Just found a "Bronze Ring +4", no indication there's a rune to discover. When I wield it, it now says "Bronze Ring +4 {tried}". Upon inspection it appears to be a ring of Digging, since I see it has a +4 tunneling, but I'm also getting "You do not know the full extent of this item's powers."

Ah, it's the activation, which I can use for stone to mud, and now it identifies itself at a Ring of Digging. No rune to discover, as I'd already discovered tunneling. So I think this is how it is supposed to work?