Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Announce] English Translation for Hengband Touhou Katteban v1.1.95 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=11172)

Cryomaniac March 27, 2022 12:02

[Announce] English Translation for Hengband Touhou Katteban v1.1.95

New version source code was released; I've updated the translation.

Main changes include (added in the original Japanese version of this mod):

-New unique class (Mike), new unique personality for Joon
-New quest in Former Hell
-New monster status effects:
-Lowered attack/defense/magic power
-Berserk
-Unable to move
-Added oil field terrain
-Added/tweaked artifacts/monsters
-Added/changed unique class special abilities (several of them can inflict the new status effects on monsters)
-High skill proficiency now grants extra bonuses depending on the skill

For more details, read the Changes 1.90-1.95 file in Documentation folder.

Developer's website link:
http://www.miyamasa.net/heng_th_katte.html

Github project link (Windows binary is in Releases):
https://github.com/Cryomaniac13/heng...ou-katteban-en

TauzentBlitz March 27, 2022 14:32

The UI for mixing stuff at the pharmacy is messed up. The text for material 1 appears 'behind' the text for material 2... or something like that.

Cryomaniac March 27, 2022 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TauzentBlitz (Post 158062)
The UI for mixing stuff at the pharmacy is messed up. The text for material 1 appears 'behind' the text for material 2... or something like that.

Fixed; added new minor Windows build release

ster April 8, 2022 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by clouded (Post 157983)
guys im crying rn it's like seeing a sunrise, or full moon and realising the Beauty of the World, or realising the fact that if you had left your house 10 minutes later on that one day you would never have met your life partner. This is a true masterpiece of the Angband Variant Artform. This level of detail, flavour and creativity is unmatched. It is a true work of love.

Mr. pav, can we have a ladder?
Mr. Gwarl, can you put it on angband.live?

just emptyquoting this. This variant is great, if incredibly janky. I kind of wish I had threw the whole thing through machine translation when MITZE first pointed me to it a couple years ago now.

ster April 8, 2022 17:53

Oh, I forgot to complain about stuff. The Lunar Rainbow Market sometimes shows garbled japanese text when I try and visit to exchange cards past midnight and my Three Fairies of Light learned a move at level 40 that shows up as similar jumbled/untranslated text.

Cryomaniac April 8, 2022 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ster (Post 158190)
Oh, I forgot to complain about stuff. The Lunar Rainbow Market sometimes shows garbled japanese text when I try and visit to exchange cards past midnight and my Three Fairies of Light learned a move at level 40 that shows up as similar jumbled/untranslated text.

I'll take I look; as I said, there's a ton of stuff to translate, and it's very possible I've missed something.

Cryomaniac April 8, 2022 18:15

Posted a new release on github; it fixes the issues you've mentioned, along with some other I've found.

clouded April 8, 2022 18:46

Which MARIPO reward is the amulet of telepathy? I bought a bunch of them to see what they were on my first win but I've forgotten now and I can't seem to tell from the source. Won with Yuugi and Seiga so far, playing a Zashiki-warashi archer now. Waiting for the ladder to post the dumps.

Cryomaniac April 8, 2022 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by clouded (Post 158193)
Which MARIPO reward is the amulet of telepathy? I bought a bunch of them to see what they were on my first win but I've forgotten now and I can't seem to tell from the source. Won with Yuugi and Seiga so far, playing a Zashiki-warashi archer now. Waiting for the ladder to post the dumps.

MARIPO doesn't have an Amulet of Telepathy as a reward; it's the reward for the second quest in the building (one on one vs Jabberwock)

clouded April 8, 2022 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 158194)
MARIPO doesn't have an Amulet of Telepathy as a reward; it's the reward for the second quest in the building (one on one vs Jabberwock)

Ahh okay, thanks.

ster April 9, 2022 15:14

Is there a better way to get broken weapons to repair than <>ing DL1 for broken death swords? Specifically broken sticks, I guess, since the extra effects on axes and spears seem to punch way above their weight class.

Or is it not worth the hassle and I should be artifact creating things with good base types to start to make endgame weapons?

Cryomaniac April 9, 2022 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ster (Post 158199)
Is there a better way to get broken weapons to repair than <>ing DL1 for broken death swords? Specifically broken sticks, I guess, since the extra effects on axes and spears seem to punch way above their weight class.

Or is it not worth the hassle and I should be artifact creating things with good base types to start to make endgame weapons?

I don't think there's a better way to grind for broken weapons; save them up before you find valuable repair materials. Also, while axes/spears have good proficiency bonuses, katanas have high damage as well and get strong crits as a proficiency bonus, and Hihiirokane Swords deal 7d5 damage and have innate vorpal bonus. You're not getting endgame weapons out of repairing unless you use endgame materials - Hihiirokane is extremely rare (and it's required to repair into Hihiirokane sword); Silver Key is a guaranteed high level quest reward that, among other things, gives strong deity slaying, which works on Oberon, and it boosts dice/sides by 2.

I personally would save Artifact Creation for top tier base weapons, but I think you also can first use Artifact Creation on a broken weapon, then repair it to get extra bonuses as well.

ster April 10, 2022 06:18

Well, in the end, I found a broken sword in Assassinate Kaguya, a scarlet gold to repair it with in the postgame floors, and J dropped Crown of Numenor so I could artifact create the broken sword before repairing it. Result doubled my damage in case I wanted to fight Omega and max level marisas forever (I didn't). Definitely worth planning out for in future runs

e: speaking of which, I'm all ears regarding ways to actually kill Omega, that's probably the nastiest thing I've seen in any variant.

Cryomaniac April 10, 2022 06:55

Omega's very nasty and can deal a ton of damage (kind of similar to Nodens, with guaranteed spellcasting + powerful attacks), but it has its weaknesses as well. First of all, it casts spells at random, and some of them can be rendered ineffective (fire immunity + reflection). Also, it lacks electricity resistance, and if you can get a powerful lightning breather as a follower, it can drop its HP down pretty quickly. You'll still need to spend a lot of resources, especially if you're a close combat character.

ster April 10, 2022 14:11

Whoops, despite being The Summoning Guy I completely forgot you could summon things in this variant since it's usually such a bad idea. That and not having looked up the specifics on when Wave Cannon gets used out of LoS, thanks.

ster April 11, 2022 04:58

Can't seem to check my stray god virtues at Reimu (and if there are messages for gaining/losing virtues, they aren't showing up)

Cryomaniac April 11, 2022 05:37

Fixed, made another release; that was because of logic tied to the English name of the race - 'god' originally wasn't capitalized, and it broke when I changed it to match other races/classes.

Cryomaniac April 12, 2022 20:58

For now, I'm trying to add some minor interface things to this mod. For example, I've tried changing monster recall in EN version - it displays separate sections on their own lines instead of throwing everything in a single block of text; I think this looks more readable. The spells and attacks sections still look cramped, though, and it'd be nice to display spell damage as well.

https://i.imgur.com/lZT1Q5o.png

ster April 14, 2022 20:31

What's the deal with Hecatia? She cycled through all of her forms on my first run but only Otherworld got marked as dead in the unique list, but this run I only saw Otherworld and Earth but both were marked dead.

Assuming this even matters at all for the tiny amount of score it brings.

Cryomaniac April 14, 2022 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ster (Post 158232)
What's the deal with Hecatia? She cycled through all of her forms on my first run but only Otherworld got marked as dead in the unique list, but this run I only saw Otherworld and Earth but both were marked dead.

Assuming this even matters at all for the tiny amount of score it brings.

From what I understand by reading the source:

There's two instances when Hecatia switches bodies: She can voluntarily switch to any other body, and if you defeat her Earth or Moon form, she will switch to Otherworld form (all of them have separate HP). If you defeat Earth/Moon, those will count as defeated; if she just switches out of them to Otherworld, they won't be tracked as being defeated.

Cryomaniac April 15, 2022 09:46

More tinkering with making monster recall look nicer; I've tried to put all melee attacks on a separate line, and add average damage per round as well (assuming player is aware of each attack's damage output):

https://i.imgur.com/FFZ8h3T.png

Does this look nicer? I think it's more readable, but it requires using more rows for main window.

clouded April 15, 2022 13:00

I don't like forcing bigger term sizes, it really limits font size for people on smaller screens.

Cryomaniac April 15, 2022 13:04

How many rows is OK, then? I already had to make row count slightly bigger to fit extra condition display rows on left side of screen (32 rows). Column count is still going to be big, many special abilities have long names when translated into English

clouded April 15, 2022 13:44

Well it would be ideal to be flexible instead. Poscheng has scrollable recalls, perhaps the code is easy to lift? And for abilities almost all of the time there is a ton of space being put in the menu despite a characters ability names being short, creating an extra line and wrapping a name when necessary would be ideal.

Cryomaniac April 15, 2022 13:59

On the topic of column count, the original JP version already had amount of columns larger than the norm of 80, and the translation isn't going to be shorter. Also, the code is pretty messy, being a branch of 1.7.0 Heng; splitting long ability names in two lines doesn't look trivial.

Grafting western Heng* branches UI might be possible, considering those descended from 1.7.0 as well, but the further I deviate from the base JP version, the harder moving the translation to further releases will be - for now, I'm keeping myself to slightly altering the monster recall function.

Cryomaniac April 15, 2022 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by clouded (Post 158238)
Well it would be ideal to be flexible instead. Poscheng has scrollable recalls, perhaps the code is easy to lift? And for abilities almost all of the time there is a ton of space being put in the menu despite a characters ability names being short, creating an extra line and wrapping a name when necessary would be ideal.

Also, on topic of scrollable recalls: Poschengband has this, but you have to press a separate key first (the initial monster recall doesn't scroll), and its window is 40 rows by default. Frogcomposband also takes a lot of space by default, and I don't think it has scrollable recalls.

clouded April 22, 2022 03:21

Any realistic way to farm for ishizakura for my occult spell, besides dream world?

Cryomaniac April 22, 2022 05:22

It can be often generated in Hell Valley dungeon (depends on your Searching skill).

Cryomaniac April 24, 2022 09:52

While I'm waiting for more releases, I'm tinkering some more with minor features. For example, I'm trying to copy detailed action logging from western Hengband variants, like the amount of different items used:

https://i.imgur.com/Jur3PCO.png

I'm implementing this with minimal changes to original source files to avoid conflicts with future versions; not sure how far can I go, but detailed player logs would be nice.

Shapes April 24, 2022 18:07

Thanks for doing this. Couple of things I've noticed in the current release.
- Tojiko's birth description is broken
- Murasa's J menu looks odd, and some of the ability messages are untranslated
- The message for hitting a vampire with a water attack is untranslated

Cryomaniac April 24, 2022 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapes (Post 158311)
Thanks for doing this. Couple of things I've noticed in the current release.
- Tojiko's birth description is broken
- Murasa's J menu looks odd, and some of the ability messages are untranslated
- The message for hitting a vampire with a water attack is untranslated

Thanks for reporting, I'll check those issues.

ster April 26, 2022 04:52

Messages for Danmaku Ghost and maybe Back Door triggering are untranslated.

What effect does the Hourai Elixir have on your score if you already truewon? Does it just double it without question?

Cryomaniac April 26, 2022 05:14

Yes, from what I can tell, Hourai Elixir boosts your score; +33% compared to a standard true victory, and treats your racial score modifier as 200%

Cryomaniac April 26, 2022 10:59

Added a new release (0.3.4) on my github project; fixed those translation issues. The player log I've been experimenting with isn't in this version, but the altered monster recall layout is.

ster April 26, 2022 18:49

So I can't seem to Artifact Create my feanorian lamp that definitely has no ego, what gives?

Cryomaniac April 26, 2022 18:54

Artifact Creation works only on weapons, armor, ribbons, rings and amulets. Light sources aren't a valid target.

ster April 28, 2022 19:52

Well that's weird coming from later variants, I wonder where all the no-fixedarts dumps on the jp ladder get their lites from then.

Anyway screw waiting for a ladder to go up I was proud of this. First Extra win, and I could not believe the bullshit that was 127F until I saw it with my own eyes. I must be missing some ingenious way to get the two final bosses to properly infight or something, seriously.
Code:

[Hengband Katteban 1.1.95T character dump]

Name  : Cannonballer Eirin Yagokoro

Sex      : Female          Difficulty      Extra  STR :    !40
 Race    : Person_of_Hourai Score      215232807  INT!:    *50
 Class    : Eirin                                    WIS!:    *50
                                                    DEX!:    !40
                                                    CON!:    !40
                                                    CHR :    *50

Left hand      (+127,+47)  HP          1142/1142  Fighting  : 395-Legendary
 Right hand    (+116,+42)  MP          393/ 818  Shooting  : 450-Legendary
 Blows/Round          8+8                          ProtFrMagic: 171-Legendary
 AverageDmg/Rnd    468+427  Level              50  Stealth    :  12-Superb
                            Experience  20463352
 Shooting        (+58,+0)  Max Exp      20463352
 Multiplier          x0.00  Exp to Adv      *****  Searching  : 179-Legendary
 Shots/Round          0.00  Gold          1436860  Disarming  : 190-Legendary
                                                    MagicDevice: 188-Legendary
 AC              [50,+199]  Time      Day 3 23:59
 Speed              (+30)  Play time    13:25:04  Infra-Vision: 40 feet

(Character Background)
          Write something about your background and goals

...You retired from the adventure after winning.

Modification
 Sex  Female          Stat    BaseRacClaPerMod ActualCurrent  abcdefghijkl@
 Race  Person_of_HouraiSTR :    26  0  3  1116    !40        2....4.4..43.
 Class Eirin          INT!:    30  0  9  1202    *50        ........s...s
 Level 50              WIS!:    30  0  8  1202    *50        ........s...s
 HP    1142/1142      DEX!:    30  0  4  1101    !40        2............
 MP    393/818        CON!:    30  0  5  1103    !40        ..........4..
                      CHR :    29  0  4  3119    *50        ........s....
        ||~=="~[(]]]            ||~=="~[(]]]                ||~=="~[(]]]
        abcdefghijkl@            abcdefghijkl@                abcdefghijkl@
 Acid  : ...........+#    Sound : ........+....    SeeInvis  : ......+.....+
 Elec  : .......++.+.#    Nether: +......+....+    Warning  : ............#
 Fire  : ..........+.#    SpTime: .....+.......    SlowDigest: ..........+.+
 Cold  : ...........+#    Chaos : .+.....+.....    Regen    : .............
 Poison: .+..........*    Disnch: ++...........    Levitation: ...........+.
 Light : .+...+..+....    Fear  : ............+    Swiftness : ...........+.
 Dark  : ........+....    FrAct : ........+.+.+    NoTele    : .............
 Shard : .+.........+.    Conf  : .....+....+.+    NoMagic  : .............
 Water : ++...........    Blind : ......+......    Reflection: .............
 Holy  : .......+.....    Insane: +......+....+    Cursed    : .........*...

||                ||~=="~[(]]]                  ||~=="~[(]]]
              ab@                abcdefghijkl@                abcdefghijkl@
 Slay Chaos : ..#  Telepathy  : .....+.......  Speed      : +.+++.....+..
 Slay Lawful: ...  ESP Uniques: .............  Blows      : ++...........
 Slay Human : ...  ESP Nonlvng: .............  Infravision : ..........+..
 Slay Animal: ...  ESP Chaos  : .............  Device Mstry: .............
 Slay Undead: ...  ESP Lawful : .............  Stealth    : +.......+....
 Slay Dragon: +..  ESP Human  : .............  Searching  : .......+.....
 Slay Demon : ...  ESP Animal : .............  Digging    : .............
 Slay Deity : ...  ESP Undead : .............
 Slay Youkai: ...  ESP Dragon : ...........+.  Easy Spells : .............
 Melting    : ...  ESP Demon  : .............  Cheap Spells: .............
 Shocking  : +..  ESP Deity  : .............  Blessed    : .............
 Burning    : ...  ESP Youkai : ...........+.  Light      : ......+...+..
 Freezing  : ...                                Riding      : .............
 Venomous  : ...  Sustain STR: +....+.+...+.  Throwing    : .............
 Sharpness  : ...  Sustain INT: ........+...+
 Quake      : ...  Sustain WIS: ........+...+  Drain EXP  : .............
 Vampiric  : ...  Sustain DEX: .............  Teleport    : .............
 Chaotic    : ...  Sustain CON: .............  Aggravate  : ............+
 Force Wpn  : ...  Sustain CHR: ........+....  Foul Curse  : .............

[*Winning* Message]

american healthcare

[Option Settings]

Preserve Mode:      OFF
 Small Levels:      ALWAYS
 No Shops:          ON
 ★が出現しない:    ON
 妖魔本が出現しない: ON
 Diving Only:        ON
 Arena Levels:      OFF

[Recall Depth]

!Angband        : level 100
  !Realm of Chaos  : level 127

[Quest Information]

< Completed Quest >
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  10) - level 17 (00:41:11)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  20) - level 24 (01:24:35)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  30) - level 29 (02:16:04)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  40) - level 33 (03:36:42)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  50) - level 38 (05:22:26)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  60) - level 43 (06:37:49)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  70) - level 46 (07:50:24)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  80) - level 49 (09:37:42)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  90) - level 49 (10:54:11)
  Oberon                                  (Danger  level: 100) - level 50 (12:09:56)

< Failed Quest >
  Nothing.

[Defeated Monsters]

You have defeated 6028 enemies including 261 unique monsters in total.

< Unique monsters top 10 >
  The Serpent of Chaos                    (level 127)
  The Unicorn of Order                    (level 125)
  Azathoth, Seething Nuclear Chaos        (level 120)
  Morgoth, Lord of Darkness                (level 110)
  Oberon, King of Amber                    (level 100)
  Sauron, the Sorcerer                    (level  98)
  Great Cthulhu                            (level  96)
  Cerberus, Guardian of Hades              (level  94)
  Nodens, Lord of the Great Abyss          (level  92)
  Carcharoth, the Jaws of Thirst          (level  92)

[Mutations]

Your brain is a living computer (+4 INT/WIS).

[Skills List]
Skill          Aptitude  Skill Level
Martial Arts  ( C )    6
Shields        ( B )    35
Riding        ( B )    10
Dual Wielding  ( B )    40 (at limit)
Throwing      ( B )    10

Short Blades  ( B )    40 (at limit)
Long Blades    ( B )    40 (at limit)
Katanas        ( B )    34
Blunt Weapons  ( B )    18
Staves        ( B )    12
Axes          ( B )    27
Spears        ( B )    40 (at limit)
Polearms      ( B )    13
Bows          ( A )    15
Crossbows      ( B )    10
Guns          ( B )    10

[Character Equipment]

a) X Dragonscale Dagger of Benedict (3d6) (+19,+19) (+2 to speed) {+AtSpStDxSl;rWaNtDi;In|El/Dr(St}
b) a Dragonscale Dagger of the Boisterous Dance (3d6) (+11,+14) (+2 attacks) {+At;rPoLiShWaCaDi}
c) a Black Ribbon [1,+7] (+8 to speed) {+Sp}
d) a Ring of Speed (+11) {+Sp}
e) a Ring of Speed (+12) {+Sp}
f) X Amulet of Telepathy 'shure' [+12] (+4) {+St;rLiTi;Co~Tele(St}
g) a Magic Lantern (Mysterious) {SiBl}
h) X Silver Dragon Scale Mail 'Rubber Coat' (-2) [30,+22] (+4 to searching) {+StSr;rElHoNtCa;In(St}
i) X Shadow Cloak 'thats the stuff' (+3,+6) [6,+10] (+4 to stealth) {+Sl;rElLiDkSo;Fa[E(InWiCh}
j) * Massive Iron Crown of Chaos [0,+0] (+99) {cursed}
k) X Set of Gauntlets of Resist *Lightning* (+3,+6) [6,+15] (+4 to speed) {+SpStCnIf;rElFi;FaCoSdLu}
l) X Pair of Metal Boots 'dimathir' (+5,+4) [7,+17] (+3) {+St;rAcCoSh;LvSw~DrYk(St}

[Character Inventory]

a) 17 Books of Arcane Arts of Divination - Volume 3
b) 4 Books of Arcane Arts of Divination - Last Volume
c) 20 Books of Arcane Arts of Enchantment - Volume 3
d) 3 Books of Arcane Arts of Enchantment - Last Volume
e) 4 Books of Arcane Arts of Summoning - Last Volume
f) 6 Books of Hermit Arts of Mysticism - Volume 1
g) 11 Books of Hermit Arts of Mysticism - Volume 2
h) 20 Books of Hermit Arts of Mysticism - Volume 3
i) 6 Books of Hermit Arts of Mysticism - Last Volume
j) 3 Books of Hermit Arts of Life - Last Volume
k) 8 Books of Hermit Arts of Exorcism - Last Volume
l) 9 Books of Sorcery Arts of Darkness - Last Volume
m) 5 Books of Sorcery Arts of Chaos - Last Volume
n) 12 Potions of Healing {!k}
o) 6 Potions of *Healing* {!k}
p) 4 Potions of Restore Mana
q) 10 Rods of Teleport Other
r) 6 Rods of Stone to Mud
s) 3 Staffs of *Destruction* (3x 0 charges)
t) X Mask 'Living Armour' (+3,+4) [3,+17] (+4) {+DxCn;rDi;FaSiBlIn(WiCn}
u) X Balance Dragon Scale Mail 'help' (-2) [40,+19] (+4 to searching) {+StSrIf;rDkShSoCaDi;LuWr}
v) X Mighty Hammer 'Lawslayer' (6d9) (+15,+23) (+1 attack) {+At;rCaDi;FaCoSdWrTe|Ch/Lw}
w) X Dragonscale Dagger 'shrug' (2d6) (+19,+24) (+4) {+CnDg;rElDkHoSo|Co/YkAn}

[Item card slots]

a) 'Mask of Hope (New)' (4)
b) 'Playing Cards' (21)
c) (empty)
d) (empty)
e) 'Petals of Saigyou Ayakashi' (3)
f) 'Ribbon-Decorated Gap' (3)
g) (empty)
h) 'Bridge Princess's Iron Ring' (1)

[Home Inventory]

( page 1 )
a) Dragon Scale

Cryomaniac April 28, 2022 20:03

Congratulations! I see some options are still untranslated in the character dump; will be fixing it later. I think you can try to defeat Unicorn before level 127 - it should be able to randomly spawn on earlier levels.

ster April 28, 2022 20:18

That is, obviously, a bit harder to do on Extra.

clouded April 29, 2022 00:11

nice mate.

TauzentBlitz May 8, 2022 17:23

The description for Gluttonous Centipede is a bit mixed up. # of blows and %hp needed are swapped so having 1 card claims you have +95 blows per round if you have at least 1% hp remaining.

Cryomaniac May 8, 2022 17:40

Fixed; I missed how translating into English made the two numbers change places.

ster May 10, 2022 17:31

Hina has a lot of untranslated messages; reading protection from evil, *remove curse* and absorbing TY at least.

How long does it take for Unicorn to respawn when you destruct it on 127? Or does it just get teleported away like other quest uniques and nothing stops it coming back the turn after?

Cryomaniac May 10, 2022 17:49

Fixed untranslated messages; for now, I'm waiting for newer source code versions to get released (also, developer is planning to turn this into an actual variant).

From what I'm seeing about Unicorn, it respawns in a similar manner to dungeon guardians - once it goes away without being actually defeated, it will be spawned next time a monster gets naturally generated on the level.

ster May 11, 2022 02:36

I'm trying to test something about the final fight in wizard mode but J isn't showing up, what gives? Same with the other Chaos Territory bosses except for unicorn. Even killing Oberon doesn't seem to help.

e: Other, unrelated question: How would I go by getting a score on the japanese server? Is it just automated and I can copy my save over to the JP version and it'll just work?

Cryomaniac May 11, 2022 07:25

Not sure what's going on with the dungeon guardians; maybe you have to accept the Serpent quest as well.

Sending score to server works the same way as it does it base Hengband; if you open your save in JP version and re-save it, it should effectively be a JP version savefile. Keep in mind, though, that some content is still in English - at very least, that's name/backstory/message logs/randart names.

ster May 16, 2022 08:28

Yeah it worked after I >ed chaoszone when killing oberon. (And the fruit of my research was "no, you can't use komainu pedestal and instantly win the final boss that way").

Michael has mixed up messages; he throws hand grenades instead of resolving his thing.

Where's all the code for item card generation and (especially) trading? I'm looking for ways to try and force a couple cards (smelly fan, the dimension door cards, high tengu geta) to spawn and figure knowing how to trade properly is the best bet.

Finally, how does Fantasy Seal work? I play with a super low delay factor and never have seen what it properly does (i turn it down and then she doesn't use it...), but after getting hit for 500 by ~DL60 reimu I need to know what it's actually doing. Does it work like Call the Void and shoot balls in all 8 directions or like Trump Meteor/Wrath of God and target random positions?

Cryomaniac May 16, 2022 09:17

Item cards can be generated in 2 ways: Random items on dungeon level (uses the same logic as dungeon-specific 'souvenir' items like gemstones), or drops from unique monsters. The actual item card type gets picked in apply_magic_itemcard function (in new_class_power.c).

Item card trading logic should be somewhere in bldg/bldg2 files.

Reimu's Fantasy Seal: It fires multiple non-elemental balls at random targets in Reimu's line of sight; it's guaranteed to hit you at least once, but it might target some other monsters hostile to her as well. If you're the only target in sight, you get hit with all of them. More details in cast_musou_hu_in function in spells3.c. Also, she can't use it if she's orthogonally adjacent to a wall.

Newbie May 21, 2022 05:22

When I try to extract mana from items as Marisa I get a software bug that crashes the game.

Cryomaniac May 21, 2022 08:10

Should be fixed now; added a new release to Github project

Newbie May 21, 2022 15:01

Cool thank you. Can I just extract it into the one with my Marisa save or would I put the Marisa save in the updated one,or do I just start over entirely? Thank you for the translation work you have done on this, this is my favorite variant so far!

Cryomaniac May 21, 2022 15:25

Yes, it should work fine if you just replace your current version with the newer one.

Newbie May 21, 2022 15:37

Thank you.

ster May 23, 2022 05:16

So it turns out you have to be playing in JP to submit a run with the J kill cam.
On the other hand I could have beaten J trivially in a language I didn't understand with this run, my luck was ludicrous and even my mistakes benefitted me.
Speed boots, stone of lore, dagger of fiona by 20, 2 rods of healing, Soulsword, Sting, Hammerhand and a randart crossbow with *Fi and speed i offhanded for basically the whole game by 30, Jack of Shadows from a chest summon fatfinger on 37 dropped his cloak while being utterly harmless against full dark immunity, axe of Dwarves at some point (giving me +24 search for item cards), staff of genocide from a stone giant in the dl40s, an Okina event 0 brought my short blade skill up to 50 before clones.

Clones had fairly nasty random spawns and the whole 50-60 set of floors was full of horrible ones, including Kanako, Kaguya, Mokou, Chimata and a vault with Witch-King, but the luck never stopped. An unresisted chaos attack cause I dropped my =chaos since I was about to enter old castle gave me telepathy mut, I got my old castle reward from the 1st thing i killed in there and an extra attacks to art create, terror mask around 60 which took 20 floors to get an uncurse for so i could actually equip it, and then after saying "I shouldn't fight junko" and changing my mind on seeing the exceptional drops she gave me FSoD. Before Eric's I managed to get a good trade of the million magic vials from earlier Marisa scumming into sutra scrolls, making me statistically strong enough for all the end bosses, but then Sauron dropped the one anyway and I got the smelly fans on 125 with one floor to get spellbooks left. And at some point I got a randart with recharging activation so I never ran out of _destructions either.

Extra's subsystems and ridiculous loot are pretty fun and so is Hina but I couldn't imagine going for a highscore with any other character (maybe Shion or Kosuzu or fairy mages?) and I can't imagine Hina being very fun to play outside extra (wow, I can summon marisa when I go to deep on the gimmick! or i could <> to do the same. oops, used up all my misfortune on old castle, time to scum for cursed needles on DL1....).

Ladder when? Even oposband has one.
Code:

[Hengband Katteban 1.1.95T character dump]

Name  : Cannonballer Hina Kagiyama

Sex      : Female          Difficulty      Extra  STR!:    *50
 Race    : Deity            Score      1236355664  INT!:    !40
 Class    : Vibe Checker                            WIS :    !40
                                                    DEX :    *50
                                                    CON!:    *50
                                                    CHR :    !40

Bare hand    (+334,+153)  HP          1778/1778  Fighting  : 515-Legendary
                            MP          361/ 385  Shooting  : 448-Legendary
 Blows/Round        9+0+@                          ProtFrMagic: 141-Legendary
 AverageDmg/Rnd  3412+0+@  Level              50  Stealth    :  -1-Very Bad
                            Experience  25004591
 Shooting        (+96,+0)  Max Exp      25004591
 Multiplier          x0.00  Exp to Adv      *****  Searching  : 147-Legendary
 Shots/Round          0.00  Gold          1159784  Disarming  : 164-Legendary
                                                    MagicDevice: 114-Legendary
 AC              [51,+351]  Time      Day 5 22:49
 Speed            (+0+99)  Play time    15:37:54  Infra-Vision: 0 feet

(Character Background)
          Write something about your background and goals

...You retired from the adventure after winning.

Modification
 Sex  Female          Stat    BaseRacClaPerMod ActualCurrent  abcdefghijkl@
 Race  Deity          STR!:    30  0 -1  1121    *50        ....5..4..3..
 Class Vibe Checker    INT!:    30  0  1  1106    !40        ....5.3.....1
 Level 50              WIS :    24  0  3  1120    !40        ....54344...1
 HP    1778/1778      DEX :    29  0 -2  1119    *50        ...15......4.
 MP    361/385        CON!:    30  0  2  1119    *50        ...154.......
                      CHR :    20  0-16  3113    !40        ...154..4....
          ~=="*[(]])              ~=="*[(]])                  ~=="*[(]])
        abcdefghijkl@            abcdefghijkl@                abcdefghijkl@
 Acid  : ....*..+....#    Sound : ...+.........    SeeInvis  : ....++++....+
 Elec  : ....*.......#    Nether: ............*    Warning  : .............
 Fire  : ....*.....+.#    SpTime: .......++....    SlowDigest: .......+.....
 Cold  : ....*..+....#    Chaos : .....+++.....    Regen    : ....+..+.....
 Poison: ..........+.#    Disnch: ..........+..    Levitation: ........+..++
 Light : .....+..+....    Fear  : .............    Swiftness : .......+.....
 Dark  : .....+.++...*    FrAct : ....+..++..+.    NoTele    : .............
 Shard : .....+....+..    Conf  : ......+......    NoMagic  : .............
 Water : ...++..+...+.    Blind : .............    Reflection: ............+
 Holy  : ....++....+..v  Insane: ............+    Cursed    : .........*...

~=="*[(]])                    ~=="*[(]])
              ab@                abcdefghijkl@                abcdefghijkl@
 Slay Chaos : ...  Telepathy  : ............+  Speed      : ..+.+.+.+..+#
 Slay Lawful: ...  ESP Uniques: .............  Blows      : ...+.........
 Slay Human : ...  ESP Nonlvng: .............  Infravision : .............
 Slay Animal: ...  ESP Chaos  : .............  Device Mstry: .............
 Slay Undead: ...  ESP Lawful : ...+.........  Stealth    : .............
 Slay Dragon: ...  ESP Human  : .............  Searching  : .............
 Slay Demon : ...  ESP Animal : .............  Digging    : .............
 Slay Deity : ...  ESP Undead : ...++........
 Slay Youkai: ...  ESP Dragon : .............  Easy Spells : .............
 Melting    : ...  ESP Demon  : ....+........  Cheap Spells: .....+.......
 Shocking  : ...  ESP Deity  : .............  Blessed    : .............
 Burning    : ...  ESP Youkai : ....+........  Light      : .....++.+....
 Freezing  : ...                                Riding      : .............
 Venomous  : ...  Sustain STR: ....+..+.....  Throwing    : .............
 Sharpness  : ...  Sustain INT: ....+........
 Quake      : ...  Sustain WIS: ....+........  Drain EXP  : .............
 Vampiric  : ...  Sustain DEX: ....+......+.  Teleport    : .............
 Chaotic    : ...  Sustain CON: ...++........  Aggravate  : ............+
 Force Wpn  : ...  Sustain CHR: ....+........  Foul Curse  : .............

[*Winning* Message]

http://angband.live

[Option Settings]

Preserve Mode:      OFF
 Small Levels:      ALWAYS
 No Shops:          ON
 妖魔本が出現しない: ON
 Diving Only:        ON
 Bonus points:        0
 Arena Levels:      ALWAYS

[Recall Depth]

!Angband        : level 100
  !Realm of Chaos  : level 127

[Quest Information]

< Completed Quest >
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  10) - level 17 (00:26:15)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  20) - level 24 (01:16:19)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  30) - level 30 (02:18:53)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  40) - level 34 (03:23:19)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  50) - level 40 (05:00:02)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  60) - level 45 (07:05:06)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  70) - level 47 (08:42:51)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  80) - level 50 (10:15:07)
  Extra Quest                              (Danger  level:  90) - level 50 (11:37:21)
  Oberon                                  (Danger  level: 100) - level 50 (13:12:23)
  Serpent of Chaos                        (Danger  level: 127) - level 50 (15:27:19)

< Failed Quest >
  Nothing.

[Defeated Monsters]

You have defeated 9601 enemies including 277 unique monsters in total.

< Unique monsters top 10 >
  The Serpent of Chaos                    (level 127)
  Azathoth, Seething Nuclear Chaos        (level 120)
  Morgoth, Lord of Darkness                (level 110)
  Oberon, King of Amber                    (level 100)
  Sauron, the Sorcerer                    (level  98)
  Great Cthulhu                            (level  96)
  Gothmog, the High Captain of Balrogs    (level  95)
  The Destroyer                            (level  94)
  Cerberus, Guardian of Hades              (level  94)
  Qlzqqlzuup, the Lord of Flesh            (level  92)

[Mutations]

You can switch locations with another being.
 You are hardheaded (INT -1, WIS +1, AC +5).
 You have a third eye on your forehead.
 You are telepathic.

[Skills List]
Skill          Aptitude  Skill Level
Martial Arts  ( C )    30 (at limit)
Shields        ( E )    10 (at limit)
Riding        ( E )    0
Dual Wielding  ( E )    1
Throwing      ( E )    0

Short Blades  ( C )    50 (beyond limit)
Long Blades    ( D )    20 (at limit)
Katanas        ( D )    0
Blunt Weapons  ( C )    6
Staves        ( D )    1
Axes          ( D )    12
Spears        ( D )    2
Polearms      ( B )    10
Bows          ( E )    0
Crossbows      ( E )    0
Guns          ( E )    0

[Character Equipment]

a) (nothing)
b) (nothing)
c) a Black Scarf [1,+8] (+11 to speed) {+Sp}
d) X Ring of Extra Attacks 'Dream Big' (+10,+9) (+1 attack) {+AtDxCnCh;rWaSo~Law~Un(Cn}
e) * Ring of Power (The One Ring) (+15,+15) (+5) {+SpStInWiDxCnCh;*AcElFiCo;rWaHo;FaSiRg~YkDmUn(StInWiDxCnCh}
f) * Torque of Harmonia [+5] (+4) {+WiCnCh;rLiDkShHoCa;DmSiLu}
g) * Jewel of Judgement (+3 to speed)(charging) {+SpInWi;rCa;SiCo}
h) X Space-Time Dragon Scale Mail 'This is progress.' (+1,+4) [40,+28] (+4) {+StWi;rAcCoDkWaTiCa;FaSiSdRgSw(St}
i) * Hagoromo of the Moon [0,+30] (+4 to speed) {+SpWiCh;rLiDkTi;FaLvLu}
j) * Massive Iron Crown of Chaos [0,+0] (+99) {cursed}
k) an Oni Set of Dragon Gloves (+5,+10) [6,+26] (+3) {+St;rFiPoShHoDi, FCB}
l) * Pair of Leather Boots of Shiva's Avatar (+5,+5) [4,+16] (+4 to speed) {+SpDx;rWa;FaLv(Dx, PCB}

[Character Inventory]

a) 20 Baked Sweet Potato
b) 12 Potions of Healing {!k}
c) 7 Potions of *Healing* {!k}
d) 23 Scrolls of Teleportation
e) 9 Scrolls of *Destruction*
f) a Rod of Perception (charging)
g) 4 Rods of Detection
h) 3 Rods of Healing (1 charging)
i) 2 Rods of Speed (1 charging)
j) 8 Rods of Teleport Other
k) 4 Rods of Stone to Mud
l) a Staff of Teleportation (0 charges)
m) 2 Staffs of Massacre (2x 0 charges)
n) 4 Staffs of *Destruction* (4x 0 charges)
o) X Hat of the Devine Jewel (+4,+5) [1,+16] (+3 to speed) {+SpWiSr;rAcDi;FaSd}
p) * Mask 'Terror Mask' (+18,+18) [3,+12] (+1) {+InWiSr;rAcCoPoDi;FaSiFeTe, .}
q) * Golden Crown of Amber [0,+15] (+3) {+SpStWiCn;rElFiCoLiHoSoCa;FaSiCoBlRgLu}
r) * Black Clothes of Sarutobi Sasuke (+10,+0) [4,+20] (+4 to speed) {+SpDxSl;rAcElFiCoPo;CoSdSw}
s) * Small Metal Shield of Thorin [5,+21] (+4) {+StCn;*Ac;rShSoCa;Fa}
t) * Spellbook 'Grimoire of Marisa' (+4) {+InChCd, Grimoire of Marisa}
u) * Falcon Sword of Destruction (3d6) (+25,+25) (+3 attacks) {+AtStDx|AcElFiCoPoCh, I miss you kruz.}

[Item card slots]

a) 'Black Cat Plushie' (2)
b) (empty)
c) 'Petals of Saigyou Ayakashi' (6)
d) 'Sorcerer's Sutra Scroll ' (3)
e) 'Mask of Hope (New)' (12)
f) 'Ship Ghost Cap' (2)
g) 'Huge Meteor Shard' (20)
h) 'Smelly Fan' (2)

[Home Inventory]

( page 1 )
a) Meteoric Iron
b) * Mighty Hammer 'Grond' (9d9) (+5,+25) [+10]

Cryomaniac May 23, 2022 07:52

I'm not quite familiar with ladder functionality; is it something I should somehow submit to the site, or is it up to site maintainers?

ster May 23, 2022 09:27

Yeah, getting a ladder would require complaining to whoever runs it. I don't know who.

Incidentally i've been reluctant to push the idea of angband.live integration with gwarl, the one guy i do know (I believe janky *bands are fine to play offline) but if you think that should be a big deal I'll push it more.

Cryomaniac May 23, 2022 09:38

I'm comparatively new here, but I think pav is the ladder maintainer. As for .live integration, I personally don't play online, so I don't really care that much; though considering amount of new content, you easily could make a case to add it there.

Cryomaniac June 6, 2022 12:20

There's a separate ladder for this variant available now, so you can submit your character dumps.

Cryomaniac June 6, 2022 19:22

Added another minor release to github; there was a stray 'You were killed' for character dumps if you get defeated in a quest

Cryomaniac June 7, 2022 04:57

Would it be possible to make the ladder track score as well? It's correlated to game difficulty in this variant, so it's fairly important this time.

Nick June 7, 2022 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 158632)
Would it be possible to make the ladder track score as well? It's correlated to game difficulty in this variant, so it's fairly important this time.

It's certainly possible - Sil and Sil-q have it.

Cryomaniac June 7, 2022 07:29

How does the ladder determine winners? I see it's not properly marking winning dumps, despite them having '..You retired from the adventure' like in Hengband.

Nick June 7, 2022 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 158620)
There's a separate ladder for this variant available now, so you can submit your character dumps.

I think clouded noticed...

Shapes June 7, 2022 16:29

Forgot to mention before, are you aware monster names aren't showing up on Kokoro's masks?

Cryomaniac June 7, 2022 16:39

Didn't know; will look into it.

Gwarl June 11, 2022 15:14

Really struggling to compile this on ubuntu for a terminal; can BackwardsEric help?

More: Using makefile.std. Can't find the ja_jp.eucJP locale with ubuntu, only the ja_JP.utf8 one. iconv throws an error when I set -f as any of the available versions of EUCJP EUC-JP etc.

Cryomaniac June 11, 2022 15:30

I used makefile.bcc to compile on Win - that file should have all required source files. Unfortunately, I can't help with compiling for other platforms; all I can say is that it was forked off some early 2.x.x Hengband version - at very least, it has Cockatrice and Mind Worms.

Cryomaniac June 11, 2022 15:33

Also, I uploaded a new release that fixes the bug with Kokoro's masks.

backwardsEric June 11, 2022 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 158685)
Really struggling to compile this on ubuntu for a terminal; can BackwardsEric help?

More: Using makefile.std. Can't find the ja_jp.eucJP locale with ubuntu, only the ja_JP.utf8 one. iconv throws an error when I set -f as any of the available versions of EUCJP EUC-JP etc.

Did you want the text to be displayed in Japanese? It looks like you would get an English version by commenting out line 112 of makefile.std; that would avoid the locale issues. If you want Japanese and only have a ja_JP.utf8 locale, I'd suspect that's going to require some code surgery - probably easiest would be to insert an EUC to UTF-8 conversion in Term_text_gcu() since the rest of the code doesn't look like it's ready to use UTF-8. The modern Mac frontend for Hengband does something similar for Japanese text (an EUC-JP to UTF-32 conversion) but it leans on conversions built into macOS's NSString/CFString.

Gwarl June 11, 2022 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by backwardsEric (Post 158689)
Did you want the text to be displayed in Japanese? It looks like you would get an English version by commenting out line 112 of makefile.std; that would avoid the locale issues. If you want Japanese and only have a ja_JP.utf8 locale, I'd suspect that's going to require some code surgery - probably easiest would be to insert an EUC to UTF-8 conversion in Term_text_gcu() since the rest of the code doesn't look like it's ready to use UTF-8. The modern Mac frontend for Hengband does something similar for Japanese text (an EUC-JP to UTF-32 conversion) but it leans on conversions built into macOS's NSString/CFString.

The readme for this version says you need to use the japanese locale to make it work.. appliccable to windows only or not I'm not sure. It would not compile when I commented that line out either; I don't think defines.h is being read because the compiler starts complaining that the things defined there are not defined; grep considers defines.h a binary file, perhaps this is related? I gather that multibyte encodings for text are at play. Presumably the compiler needs to understand the locale. I tried converting some complaining files like defines.h into UTF-8 and setting the japanese locale I did have in the makefile but the build still doesn't complete.

Cryomaniac June 11, 2022 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 158690)
The readme for this version says you need to use the japanese locale to make it work.. appliccable to windows only or not I'm not sure. It would not compile when I commented that line out either; I don't think defines.h is being read because the compiler starts complaining that the things defined there are not defined; grep considers defines.h a binary file, perhaps this is related? I gather that multibyte encodings for text are at play. Presumably the compiler needs to understand the locale. I tried converting some complaining files like defines.h into UTF-8 and setting the japanese locale I did have in the makefile but the build still doesn't complete.

It required Japanese locale for me to compile in Windows with the .bcc makefile; I can't say how it should be compiled for other systems. The source files have Japanese text in them, which might throw off the compiler unless it can properly read them.

backwardsEric June 11, 2022 20:54

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I did to get it to compile and link on Debian 11 with Debian's packaged version of gcc 10.2.1 as the compiler:
  1. Install the nkf package. Later steps will use the nkf utility to change the encoding of the Japanese characters in the source files to EUC-JP so they don't confuse the compiler.
  2. Apply the attached patch by running "git am -i path_to_file_with_patch_information" from within the directories for the Touhou Katteban source code. That sets up a compiler wrapper script (largely borrowed from Hengband 2 for converting the character encoding of .c files), modifies externs.h to avoid duplicate symbol errors from the linker, hacks main.c to avoid some linker errors and a runtime error at startup, and hacks makefile.std to update the list of needed source files, disable display of Japanese text, and use the wrapper script for compiling.
  3. Change the character encoding of defines.h by running this in the src directory: "mv defines.h defines.h.good; nkf -e defines.h.good > defines.h".
  4. Compile and link by running "make -f makefile.std" in the src directory.

The result of compiling and linking runs and gets to the character generation screen. I didn't keep running it to see if there were any issues lurking further on.

Cryomaniac June 12, 2022 19:05

I've merged the Linux fixes pull requests into main on my github project.

Cryomaniac June 13, 2022 09:11

Merged another pull request for Linux compilation fix.

backwardsEric June 13, 2022 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 158700)
Merged another pull request for Linux compilation fix.

With those changes, this procedure,
  1. Edit src/makefile.std to comment out the "JP_OPT= ..." line.
  2. In a terminal window, change directories to the src directory and run "make -f makefile.std".

, worked to compile an English version on Debian 11. It does require access to the nkf utility, https://osdn.net/projects/nkf/ , in the path; on Debian or Ubuntu you can get that by installing the nkf package . I can work up a change to the README to document that if you like.

Cryomaniac June 13, 2022 13:50

Yes, add that bit to README.

Gwarl June 13, 2022 15:14

Okay it's still a bit messy but it's up on angband.live. Use at your own risk for now.

Cryomaniac June 13, 2022 15:30

Thanks; I personally prefer playing on my PC (no input lag), but there's probably other players who'd appreciate the option.

Cryomaniac June 14, 2022 11:55

Looks like the build on .live has a bug where your HP doesn't naturally regenerate; unfortunately, I'm working with Windows version, so I can't directly do something about that.

backwardsEric June 14, 2022 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 158712)
Looks like the build on .live has a bug where your HP doesn't naturally regenerate; unfortunately, I'm working with Windows version, so I can't directly do something about that.

Looks like the compilation should be done with HAVE_STDINT_H set on Linux/Unix platforms where stdint.h is present and long is a 64-bit type. Changes to makefile.std to do that are up as a pull request on GitHub.

Cryomaniac June 14, 2022 13:07

Thanks, merged.

Gwarl June 20, 2022 13:50

Reportedly the entire screen flashes when the monster list is used as one of the subwindows. I suspect it's probably down to having incorporated the original 'showmonster' patch that used to be found on thangorodrim. Tome2 does this and has the same issue. I could probably fix it myself eventually if I tried hard enough but I'm quite busy - at least I could narrow down the problem.

Cryomaniac June 20, 2022 14:43

Is this for Linux/.live version? I didn't notice anything when playing with a visible monsters subwindow on Windows build

Gwarl June 20, 2022 15:02

It's probably more like, related to console output, like if you managed to compile the gcu frontend for windows with pdcurses or something you might see the same problem. It's a bit academic though since nobody is going to do that. I'm moving country in a few days and starting a new job so it'll be some time before I can invest serious work into this variant, but if backwardsEric keeps being helpful enough to make fixes I will pull them in (there is also a cursor flicker issue which I've managed to fix before in older variants and was fixed recently in mainline hengband).

Nick June 20, 2022 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 158634)
How does the ladder determine winners? I see it's not properly marking winning dumps, despite them having '..You retired from the adventure' like in Hengband.

I'm not sure it does. I pointed Pav at this post of yours, but I think that only confused the issue - what should the ladder be looking for?

Cryomaniac June 21, 2022 05:13

Here's the list of winning/losing messages:

Winning:

...You retired from the adventure after winning. (Standard/postgame clear)
...You took permanent residence in Gensoukyou. (Outsider standard/postgame clear)
...You returned to the outside world as a hero of Gensoukyou. (Outsider standard/postgame clear, used Hakurei Shrine to leave Gensoukyou)
...You have brought about a world where no one has won. (Shion Yorigami postgame clear, never used possession)
...You became an eternally living person of Hourai. (Chemist unique victory condition, drank the Hourai elixir)

Losing:

...You were defeated by (Standard loss)
...Kaguya was defeated by (Eirin unique loss condition)
...You have never existed in the first place. (Drunk Medicine of Temporal Disappearance)

Nick June 21, 2022 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 158774)
Here's the list of winning/losing messages:

OK, Pav has added these in - hopefully future winner dumps will be marked as such.

Cave Man July 12, 2022 09:33

Cryomaniac: Many thanks for all the work to make this variant available in English. Great fun. With regard to the ladder, this variant in particular is designed to make score really matter, so the ladder really should be recording and ranking by score, rather than experience, if at all possible. Thoughts?

Cryomaniac July 12, 2022 13:03

I agree; competition was ranked by score, so main ladder should take score into account as well.

Also, ladder still isn't tracking winner characters.

Nick July 12, 2022 22:24

I've emailed Pav again :)

clouded July 13, 2022 15:19

This dump gets this error when posting.

Incorrect integer value: '' for column `angband`.`ladder`.`exp` at row 1Dump copied successfully...

If I take the gun off it works (which removes the Gun% (88%) part)

Nick July 19, 2022 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by clouded (Post 158941)
This dump gets this error when posting.

Incorrect integer value: '' for column `angband`.`ladder`.`exp` at row 1Dump copied successfully...

If I take the gun off it works (which removes the Gun% (88%) part)

Try reposting - Pav thinks he's fixed the error.

clouded July 20, 2022 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 158958)
Try reposting - Pav thinks he's fixed the error.

It still gives the same error when I try

Cave Man August 22, 2022 07:39

I just attempted to post a dump while dual-wielding the "Redemption" magnums, and get the same error message as reported by clouded. The dump posted fine when I unwielded the guns.