Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Randarts (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=2964)

dhegler March 6, 2010 19:56

Randarts
 
I have a randart game and have not found a true randart yet. I found:

Galadriel
Taratol
Paur something
Forasgil
Sting

I know there are "some" "regular" artifacts when you play randarts, but did something go awry with this game? I can't believe I'd find these five and ZERO randarts. Let alone, I doubt anyone would save Paur gloves when deciding which normal artifacts to squelch in a randart game...

Any ideas?

Magnate March 7, 2010 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhegler (Post 31195)
I have a randart game and have not found a true randart yet. I found:

Galadriel
Taratol
Paur something
Forasgil
Sting

I know there are "some" "regular" artifacts when you play randarts, but did something go awry with this game? I can't believe I'd find these five and ZERO randarts. Let alone, I doubt anyone would save Paur gloves when deciding which normal artifacts to squelch in a randart game...

Any ideas?

If this is Sang or O, I can't help. But if it's V, you're not playing randarts. You may think you switched them on, but you didn't. In V, ALL artifacts are randomised except Grond, Morgoth and The One.

Hariolor March 7, 2010 00:46

My guess is you likely started the game with normal artifacts, then switched the randart option to "on" after character creation. Make sure you go to the "=" menu and turn on Randarts before finalizing the character...

PowerDiver March 7, 2010 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hariolor (Post 31212)
My guess is you likely started the game with normal artifacts, then switched the randart option to "on" after character creation. Make sure you go to the "=" menu and turn on Randarts before finalizing the character...

I'm not sure even that is enough if it reads an overwriting value from a pref file. Check the birth option. If it has reverted, delete all of your *.prf files.

dhegler March 10, 2010 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerDiver (Post 31214)
I'm not sure even that is enough if it reads an overwriting value from a pref file. Check the birth option. If it has reverted, delete all of your *.prf files.

I'll take a better look today. I SWEAR I set randarts ON at birth because I was burned by it before... Also, I have never went back in after the fact to switch the birth options, I know that 100%. So, Unless if I switched randarts on AFTER I started another character and it changed my birth options for this character, I don't know...

Thanks!

dhegler March 10, 2010 19:30

I can't figure it out... It is *possible* that I loaded the options from a prior character that had randarts on, and started this one without, but I was 99% sure I had it set. I decided to eat about 2 hours and progress a new character.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.