Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Development (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Experimental webserver (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8378)

Gwarl May 23, 2017 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estie (Post 121094)
No way to display borg equipment and other stats ?

There should be 3 other panels, but I think I might have accidentally deleted the .prf file. I'll take another look at it tomorrow but I want to just leave this borg run a little while and see how it is in the morning. There's no routine yet for automatically starting/restarting the borg. Eventually there'll be a metaborg, who manages a small family of borgs, adjusting their borg.txt files and monitoring their performance. Although it would probably be more helpful to see what parts of the borg could be recycled for a new borg that will play 4.1

Estie May 24, 2017 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 121095)
There should be 3 other panels, but I think I might have accidentally deleted the .prf file. I'll take another look at it tomorrow but I want to just leave this borg run a little while and see how it is in the morning. There's no routine yet for automatically starting/restarting the borg. Eventually there'll be a metaborg, who manages a small family of borgs, adjusting their borg.txt files and monitoring their performance. Although it would probably be more helpful to see what parts of the borg could be recycled for a new borg that will play 4.1

Oh and while youre at it, please please make it use randarts! I want to see some silly equipment, and what better way to fish for it that having a tireless borg working.

Pete Mack May 24, 2017 01:52

This is great! I forgot how lousy a player the Borg is. Just saw it melee a red jelly. :/ (And no, it's not a HT.) Playing CL27, DL9.

Pete Mack May 24, 2017 02:00

Gwarl--what version of angband is it? If it's a new one, can you post the updated source to the Borg? It'd be fun to work on strategy. I've always been put off by working on the mechanics.
Edit:
Never mind. I see above. (3.0.x)

Estie May 24, 2017 02:01

Kobold warrior. It hasnt died yet, so thats something.

Pete Mack May 24, 2017 02:54

HE rogue. Very hard to stay alive because of the delay.

The equipment list is scrolling to the next line. Stats panel gets crushed. I fixed it by turning off terminal 2.

Estie May 24, 2017 03:06

Watching you! Omg, why is the chat not working yet.

Edit: Noo, dont buy that shortsword!!! :D

Edit2: Easterling warrior :(

Pete Mack May 24, 2017 03:48

Well, died to paralysis--from cursed boots. Somehow failed to note the first time paralysis kicked in. Very hard to play this way; so easy to make mistakes.

Estie May 24, 2017 04:05

For some reason, I cant map running to shift-numpad. Currently its .<dir>, but I am really used to pressing shift-<dir>.

Gwarl May 24, 2017 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 121104)
Gwarl--what version of angband is it? If it's a new one, can you post the updated source to the Borg? It'd be fun to work on strategy. I've always been put off by working on the mechanics.
Edit:
Never mind. I see above. (3.0.x)

It's 3.4.1, running the APWborg.

wrt running, shift running seems impossible on the GCU port. I could hack together a script for the browser to simulate shift+running, but angband-wise I've written runlock.prf, which uses numlock to toggle between always-run and always-walk. I'll upload it any moment now.