Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Competition (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Competition 143 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=6231)

Nick July 31, 2013 13:09

Competition 143

Competition 143 is now available from the competition page - it is a PosChengband Monster.

There's no savefile, just start a new character of any monster race you like (must be monster race, though). Angel, demon, quylthulg, spider, elemental, death sword,... - it's up to you.

MattB July 31, 2013 16:45

That is gloriously chaotic!
Played a sexy Xorn and died fast, but enjoyed it.
I love the messages you get, and the spacebar prompt to clear the low HP message is just genius.
Are we allowed dynasties in this comp?

AnonymousHero July 31, 2013 17:12

What options are we using? (I tend to disable Virtues and probably have a couple of other non-standard ones set, so I'd like to know.)

EDIT: Not that that I'm seriously considering entering this comp what with huge amounts of work waiting to be done, no sirreee...

MattB July 31, 2013 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnonymousHero (Post 82996)
Not that that I'm seriously considering entering this comp what with huge amounts of work waiting to be done, no sirreee...

I said that at the beginning of the last comp...
Productivity was sub-optimal.

EDIT: I blame Nick ;-)

Nick July 31, 2013 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnonymousHero (Post 82996)
What options are we using? (I tend to disable Virtues and probably have a couple of other non-standard ones set, so I'd like to know.)

Good question. Chris?

chris July 31, 2013 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 83013)
Good question. Chris?

I don't have a strong preference. Perhaps you can play with whatever options you like, except the various ironman options? Certainly, disabling virtues is no big deal as they have minor effects.

Also, I know at least one player who prefers Vanilla Town to standard play. Since this makes the game much harder, I would be OK with allowing this as well.

Finally, the winner is the player with the most death dumps, correct? At least, that is what I am currently gunning for ;) (Just kidding, of course!)

Thoughts?

Edit: By ironman options, the one I have in mind is ironman_rooms, since this completely changes the game (in a fun way, but then we won't all be playing the same game!).

HugoTheGreat2011 July 31, 2013 22:47

I think the winner should be the player who wins the game in FEWEST TURNS WITH the most uniques dead AND Artifacts collected as possible.

Nick August 1, 2013 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 83016)
I think the winner should be the player who wins the game in FEWEST TURNS WITH the most uniques dead AND Artifacts collected as possible.

While I can sympathise with your (insane) point of view, I might leave it as is because there are already players and it keeps it simple and I've already pestered pav enough.

scud August 1, 2013 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 83016)

How about the Duckworth-Lewis method?

Nick August 1, 2013 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by scud (Post 83031)
How about the Duckworth-Lewis method?

Somebody had to bring up cricket.