View Single Post
Old February 27, 2019, 10:30   #176
tangar
Knight

tangar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
"house creation only works in areas that are at least distance >= 2 from any town"
I see now, thanks. I though it's 2 tiles from town's location border, not 2 locations itself (in world map coordinates). I'll explain this in the guide.

But then there comes a problem: this feature won't be used much as majority of players prefer houses nearby to the town, as closer as it possible. So this idea:

Quote:
"The idea of coloring houses is to make one house distinctive from another one."

Well, you forget something important here... Any player can customize his house at will.

- Go to General Store
- Buy a scroll of House Foundation
- Buy some House Foundation Stones
- Go back and shape your house like you wish!!!

Painting door is just to make a distinct shop, not to differentiate houses.
...isn't really customization as it could be.

/rfe

remove this restrictions:
- house creation only works in areas that are at least distance >= 2 from any town
- area depicted by the stones on the ground must be rectangular and must be EXACTLY the size of the wall you're extending
- extension must be at least 3 rows or columns

leave this restriction:
- there has to be space (at least 1 row or column) between the extension and any other house around

add this restriction:
- house creation only works in areas that are at least distance >= 2 TILES from any town

Then players would be able to change form (shape) of their houses and it would become real customization - it would be possible to create unique houses.

Quote:
"Is it possible to allow more symbols to town_feat.txt ?"

You can use 255 characters from character table, more than enough. It's PWMAngband, not Sim City.
The problem is: current graphics engine doesn't support proper transparency for terrain elements and I have to create set of tiles for each terrain type (for grass, for snow, for sand etc). So even 255 won't be enough after a while. Also I plan to create interactive tutorial (there would be several room with 'text' in it), so it would take ~70 additional tiles there. If it possible - please allow more symbols to town_feat

Last edited by tangar; February 27, 2019 at 22:18.
tangar is offline   Reply With Quote