View Single Post
Old October 29, 2012, 13:11   #6
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
There is a playable demo that you can download from their website. I suggest you try that before making any decision to buy. To me it looks like they have changed the strategic-portion of the game to eye-candy cinematics which would be very strong "no buy" for me. However I have not actually tried that yet.

I'm fan of xcom series, but have been too busy playing CIV 4 these few weeks to try that demo. CIV is scary, you lose your track of time completely with it. Luckily game can show you clock and you can set alarms to stop you from playing. Really bad case of "one more turn".
Thanks for the tip about the demo. You're playing Civ IV rather than V? I have to say I *really* liked the move to hexes in Civ V, and I didn't notice any significant steps backwards from Civ IV. Are you playing on an older machine, or do you actually prefer Civ IV?