View Single Post
Old November 8, 2016, 15:16   #6
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
What weapons would you recommend in the first few hundred feet? I tend to use a short sword but it is not cutting it, the classes I use tend to be a stealthy archer/warrior or a protection/smithing build
A 2-hander if you find 1 before a shield. Otherwise long sword or bastard sword with weight as close to your str as possible is simplest. Short swords take high skill to work. Watch the exclamation marks when you hit, those are criticals. Without at least 3 the long sword will beat the short. Even on an assassin without subtlety a 3lb bastard sword or axe will tend to out perform a short sword.

Quote:
How can orc soldiers take so many hits, I know this is stupid but I was standing in the middle of a hall and there was two orc soldiers they closed the gap between us shockingly quickly, I thought my shortbow of Gondolin would cut it, sadly it did not and dear old Alagon lies in the ground for the hundredth time
They've got armour. Shortbows are like shortswords they take high skill to punch through.

Quote:
Why is a potion not identified when I use it?
The others have covered this, I'm just going to mention it may be worth playing a finarfin with early-ish lore-master till you learn what does what.

Quote:
How do I best deal with shadows, I have only come across one so far and it touched me to death
light. Fight them in lit rooms. Hit them with light staffs. Use final rest weapons. Alternatively high melee/archery skill to hit them or push them up/down stairs with song of elbereth.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote