View Single Post
Old October 3, 2019, 16:20   #11
ShadowTechnology
Apprentice

ShadowTechnology is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by schatz View Post
Yes, that's what it does. It looks at all possible combinations that meet the minimal requirements. For each of these combinations, it naively does a sum of the attribute pluses and minuses of each equipment set and the equipment set with the highest sum is selected and presented as the solution.

That's usually not optimal at the start since the solution will favor equipment that gives the highest pluses and minuses, e.g. Rings of Archery, which might not be what you want. So you start adding more item exclusions and attribute constraints. For instance it was giving me too much stealth previously so I ended up specifying Sl <= 8 or increase other requirements like Sp until it gives you something that looks more reasonable.
I like it! It's not hard to figure out and it's very quick compared to manually scanning hundreds of wieldable items and testing combinations for "holes". My active character is CL50 but only at DL76 at this time. His home is a cluttered mess, but most of the attributes he wants in his kit are represented at least once. I expect the next 24 levels to yield even more artifacts (half randarts in this case) with even longer strings of abilities and bonuses attached to them. This is the part of the game where I usually get bogged down and spend as much time optimizing gear as I do exploring the dungeon.

I wanted to force @ to use a melee weapon 2-handed. I set Left Hand = 0 and this seems to have worked in that shields were no longer showing up in the mix. But I'm not sure whether the advantages of wielding 2-handed are being applied when selecting "the best" of those combinations that meet the minimal requirements. Am I doing this right?

Related question: Can I set it to only consider dual wielding combos (a melee weapon in each hand)?
ShadowTechnology is offline   Reply With Quote