Thread: HTML/Web Editor
View Single Post
Old July 15, 2011, 14:54   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
I'm looking for a light-weight, easy to use, html editor. Something WYSIWYG would be helpful since I don't know much HTML and would rather learn through use than by reading a book. The pages I'll be working on are very basic (at least for right now) so it need not have a lot of bell and whistles. Something FREE would be great to start with. I've been browsing around the web, and haven't found anything that really stands out. Recommendations (please)?

I've used Front Page back in the day, which would be more than sufficient if I still had it, but I don't. Maybe something with similar functionality?
I agonised over this for a long time too - and then I discovered that OpenOffice includes functionality that's very similar to FrontPage. It doesn't qualify as lightweight in terms of disk space (but that's rarely at a premium nowadays), but it's hard to beat for ease of use - just open your html doc and edit it as if it were a Word doc. I use it for all my web pages (which are pretty basic).