View Single Post
Old March 20, 2020, 12:59   #25
MITZE
Adept

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Post Virtue: Mysticism (Enchantment)

WHAT RACES, CLASSES, AND MAGIC REALMS GET THE 'MYSTICISM' VIRTUE?

Races:
Dark-Elf
Death-Sword
Draconian
Filthy Rag
Shadow-Fairy

Classes:
Alchemist
Blood-Mage
Gray-Mage
High-Mage
Mage
Magic-Eater
Necromancer
Red-Mage
Sorcerer
Warrior-Mage
Yellow-Mage

Magic Realms:
Craft is guaranteed to receive the Mysticism virtue.
Sorcery, but only as a second choice to the Knowledge virtue (i.e. Sorcery normally gives the Knowledge virtue, but if you already have it from race/class you get Mysticism instead).

HOW DO I AFFECT MY MYSTICISM VIRTUE SCORE?

The following things affect your 'Mysticism' virtue score:

-5 when:
A weapon or piece of armor gets blasted (by reading a Scroll of Curse Weapon/Armor, by chaos/purple patron, ect.).

-2 when:
A piece of your equipment get disenchanted.
You fail to permanently brand a weapon with a realm ego (Chaos, Death, ect.).
You fail to permanently make a shield reflecting (Craft realm's "Polish Shield", ect.).

-1 when:
You fail to successfully enchant any of an object's to-AC, to-hit, or to-dam via a non-realm ability when your Mysticism is less than 100, 1 in 3 times.
You fail to successfully give an object an ego via Crafting, 1 in 3 times.
You fail to successfully enchant an object via a psion's Psionic Crafting, 1 in 3 times.
You destroy an object that has a non-zero modifier to to-AC, to-hit, or to-dam.
You fail to successfully enchant any of an object's to-AC, to-hit, or to-dam via the Craft realm's enchantment spells when your Mysticism is less than 100, 1 in 3 times.

+1 when:
You successfully enchant any of an object's to-AC, to-hit, or to-dam via a non-realm ability.
You successfully create an artifact using a Scroll of Artifact Creation.
You successfully give an object an ego via Crafting.
You successfully enchant an object via a psion's Psionic Crafting.
You successfully enchant any of an object's to-AC, to-hit, or to-dam via the Craft realm's enchantment spells.

+2 when:
You successfully permanently brand a weapon with a realm ego (Chaos, Death, ect.).
You successfully permanently brand a weapon with an elemental brand (Chaos realm's "Fire Branding", ect.).
You successfully permanently make a shield reflecting (Craft realm's "Polish Shield", ect.).

+5 when:
You are prompted to give a newly-created artifact a name, even if you choose to opt out of doing so.

WHAT DOES MY MYSTICISM VIRTUE AFFECT?

Nothing! It only affects alignment!

Extra Notes

For some reason Mysticism is referred to in the code as VIRTUE_ENCHANTMENT instead of by its actual name like all the other virtues (i.e. VIRTUE_COMPASSION or VIRTUE_JUSTICE).

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Last edited by MITZE; March 20, 2020 at 13:04. Reason: Forgot something.
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote