View Single Post
Old November 17, 2019, 04:01   #3
wizard44
Apprentice

wizard44 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input. I am working from that video that was mentioned by Basil, but am taking input from the users here as much as I can. Anyway, I manage to get to 350 feet and improve my stealth such that I can have a decent chance of remaining undetected by the monsters there.

Complete N00b’s Journey: Part 3-2

This part begins by quickly heading to the 300 ft staircase and putting another point into stealth. I then go back to 250 ft, where I find two different types of staves that turn out to be recharging upon use-id’ing one, while leaving the other unidentified after one use. I then put another point into stealth and encounter Gorgol the butcher, prompting me to go downstairs to avoid being detected. I then find a brass lantern and a Kite Shield and find the stairs to the 350 ft level, while getting hit by a nightthorn. Once there, I put yet another point into stealth and fall down yet another flight of stairs, which puts me in the middle of a generated 350 ft level. While looking for the stairs, I find a Sapphire Ring of Perception <+2>, a unidentified golden ring, and accidentally eat a herb of rage. After waiting for the rage to subside, I find a couple of other potions, some herbs and food, and get enough experience points to put another point of stealth in. I then end the part, having felt that I pushed my luck enough for now.

The next goal is to get down to 450 feet, which I consider as a tossup to achieve, as my equipment is not what I feel what it should be to accomplish this.

I think I should still go for another stealth point, then maybe work towards getting the Song of Lorien since Lore-Keeper by itself is trash?

So, I still don’t have body armor, which is going to be a bit of a problem. Or will the shield suffice for the next part of my journey? Anyway, I’m going to work rather hard to make sure that I can get at least SOME form of body armor in this next go. That's going to be something I try to get before posting the next part, assuming this character survives.

Ragorlin’s status has been updated, and any input to help this underequipped character is welcome.
wizard44 is offline   Reply With Quote